Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

11 months and 7 days off issue

I would like too ask only individuals that are off all meds and around 9, 10, 11 or 12 months and up off this question.

I am still finding that when I change my sleeping schedule I am waking up with this weird tension pulling shaky feeling inside.

It goes away reletively quickly once I do get up and begin to move around, but while it's there on me laying in bed I feel like I don't want to get up and the longer I lay there, or if I try to go back to sleep the worse it makes it eventually when I do get up.

For example, I typically get up at 8:00 am, if I do, I feel just the usual normal type of things in the morning, but today I decided to sleep until 10, when I woke up which was out of a dream, I had this burning tension shaky feeling inside.

Is this normal after this long, anyone else who isn't on meds and almost a year out getting this, has it passed for anyone that had it?

I appreciate all comments but if your only a couple months off or still tapering, your comments don't clear anything up for me cause we're at different stages.

Thanks dhjk

Hi dhjk:

I'm almost 9 months off and I know what you are talking about, although what I experience isn't related to change of sleep schedule.  When sleeping at night, some nights I experience different time frames of mild agitation.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason on how this works.  Some nights, I just get more agitated for a while, obsess a bit, and think of things repetitively.  Sometimes this process incorporates itself into my dreams.  It's rare that this lasts the whole night for me.  By early morning, I'm most relaxed and usually sleeping well, though sometimes I wake up early.  I think sleep may take the longest to heal when going through benzo withdrawal.  My sleep has definitely improved though.  You just have to wait it out. 

Draftsman

I dont even know what to write anymore, things just arent right yet, as I also write this I'm coming up on 1 year off in about 2.5 weeks

Hi hun,

I am 14 mths and 1 week yesterday and understand way to well abt not feeling right , I too wake up with tremors, anxiety, shakes, burning /stinging , I have this every day , and unwell feeling inside, back of the neck inside the neck very painful , and more symptoms, the worst is the parethesia , I was better off my 1st year compared to now hang in there hun , better days should be ahead of us.

God Bless

Love Laura

I think you're still healing.  I used to wake up with anxiety every morning no matter how long I slept in.  Around the 10 month mark the anxiety was much less intense and did not last as long (30 minutes at the most).  Now, at 15 months off, I've woken up with the mild anxiety maybe 3-4 times in the last three months or so.  It lasts for about half an hour.

From all I've read, it seems 2 years is about the norm for FULL benzo recovery so I wouldn't be surprised if your system is still tweaking itself up until then.

You've come along way...and congrats and (almost) 1 year.  :)

I am 15 months out and still having nerve, muscle weakness in my wrists, hands, calves and feet. I actually dozed off today for about 30 minutes after work and woke up jumping out of bed, thinking I had died. That was 5 hours ago and I still am a little shaken. Some how in the dream I was having I was told if I went to sleep I would die. When I woke up in my bedroom I've slept in for 20 years, I didn't know where I was. I just soon not do that again.