Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How do I get a Medic Alert type bracelet?

I went online to order a medic alert bracelet because the way I am feeling right now, I'm afraid I won't be able to communicate if I'm in trouble and am taken to a hospital.  You have to register your "condition" with them and the only thing they have under "benzodiazepine" is "benzo dependent"...you can't put in anything else.

Has anyone gotten something that indicates they do not want to be administered benzos, Z drugs, quinolones?  If so, would a medical professional recognize it?  I know someone said they made a card for their wallet but is that effective?

Hi Mar!

I tell each medical establishment I go to that I have severe allergies to them that are life threatening.  I don't know it an EMT would actually check your wallet for a card, I think maybe a card plus a bracelet or necklace would be your best bet.  I would write down you are allergic to them.

As for the 'condition' on the Med Alert form, do they have an option where you can write in, say 'Severe Allergies,' if none of their predesignated conditions apply?

I ordered a bracelet that came with a blank sticker to paste inside.  That way I could write whatever I wanted.  I have seen them for sale at Walgreens as well in the Pharmacy Department.

I went online to order a medic alert bracelet because the way I am feeling right now, I'm afraid I won't be able to communicate if I'm in trouble and am taken to a hospital.  You have to register your "condition" with them and the only thing they have under "benzodiazepine" is "benzo dependent"...you can't put in anything else.

Has anyone gotten something that indicates they do not want to be administered benzos, Z drugs, quinolones?  If so, would a medical professional recognize it?  I know someone said they made a card for their wallet but is that effective?

Maranatha hi, you need to go on line and search for medical bracelets.. When I was in Florida My aunt ordered my one it say's on the bracelet no quinolones and diabetic.. It does say no benzos.... I do not remember who it was, or does my aunt know who we called... It can be done.. Please search on line.. I wish I could remember who it was that we called... Again search for medical bracelets on line and start calling places.  I wish you good luck.. I wrote you a few times. I am not sure if you received any of my messages.. i know that you are not feeling well and I am sorry ror your pain.. Maranatha can you tell me is it possible to be home in a house whrere yu are not comfortable and survive this...I cannnot be myself in front of my son crazy and my hubby who is bipolar... I need more help.. I am so scared... I wanted to know if you can write me back and give me your opinion... I can really use your help also.. I know that you are very sick right now, as so am I.. I know that you are home..

How can i heal at home and during this taper If I am scared and alone here...  Again Search on line and calll. It is possible to get a bracelet... Let me know what happens... I wish I could remember where the place was.. I thru the paper work out when I was away.. Oh gosh I wish I had more info on the place... Luv, Mishi.  Be Well Please... Medical alert bracelts on line.. My mind will not let me remember who it was.. I feel so bad.... I will try to search for you when I can...