Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Any recent ambien tapering success stories?

[La...]

Hi,

I am about to start to taper ambien. 

Any recent ambein tapering success stories to motivate/ encourage me? 

I am seriously scared of withdrawal symptoms. Just want to hear other people's stories and know that this is doable.

I used to take 10 mg but lowered it down to 7.5 mg and have been on it less than 3 months. 

• Like 1

Hi LaLa, How are you doing and feeling? I have NOT been on Ambian, however my mom has taken it on and off for over ten years. 

She recently tapered off of it about a year ago. It took her about two months to taper and she did not sleep well thorughout that time, but other than the lack of sleep the WDs were not so bad. I hope this helps. I'll try to get more info from her around how she tapered and share those as I'm able. But.. .the summary is... she tapered, successfully and today is able to sleep well without aids. 

The fact that you lowered your dose over 3 months or less, is AMAZING. (And congratulations on that!)

• Like 1

Hi @[ia...], thank you so much! I am still okay at 7.5 mg. I never get a full 8 hr sleep even with 10mg and I still get the same number of hours on 7.5 mg: I forgot to mention that I am aslo on amitriptyline (an antidepressant) for anxiety and migraine. I think that helps to keep me drowsy. 

Good to hear that your mom's doing okay. That gives me hope! And yes please share any information, I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I was on 10mg for 15 years. 

I went down to 5 mg for 1 week and then 0mg.

I have paid for it with no sleep for about 9 days. I have gradually been getting more hours, or more continuous, sleep since then. 

I feel like it is still well worth it, as the zolpidem was clearly making my klonopin withdrawal symptoms worse.

• Like 1

For me, the symptoms produced by taking the Ambien were far worse than the symptoms of withdrawing from them.  I’ll take insomnia any day over the anxiety, dark thoughts and inner trembling the drug caused me. 

• Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 06:46, [[i...] said:

Hi LaLa, How are you doing and feeling? I have NOT been on Ambian, however my mom has taken it on and off for over ten years. 

She recently tapered off of it about a year ago. It took her about two months to taper and she did not sleep well thorughout that time, but other than the lack of sleep the WDs were not so bad. I hope this helps. I'll try to get more info from her around how she tapered and share those as I'm able. But.. .the summary is... she tapered, successfully and today is able to sleep well without aids. 

The fact that you lowered your dose over 3 months or less, is AMAZING. (And congratulations on that!)

Hi has anyone tapered quickly off clonazapam my gp just wants me to stop it but I can't I feel agropobic breathlessness and no appetite my gp doesn' understand that I've been on 1mg of clonazapam for 6years I've been asking to come off it for four years after I had a nasty fall which I think clonazapam contributed to it 

Any help appreciated thankyou

3 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi has anyone tapered quickly off clonazapam my gp just wants me to stop it but I can't I feel agropobic breathlessness and no appetite my gp doesn' understand that I've been on 1mg of clonazapam for 6years I've been asking to come off it for four years after I had a nasty fall which I think clonazapam contributed to it 

Any help appreciated thankyou

Hi @[me...], please start a thread of your own on the https://benzobuddies.org/forum/121-benzodiazepine-use-withdrawal-recovery/ forum so we can help you work this out.  It will benefit you to have your own thread, dedicated to your questions.

Just click on the link I provided, title your post with a good description of your issue and hit Submit Topic and we’ll be able to work directly with you. 

Pamster