Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

[Ma...]

Hello,

I am 31, married with one kid. I love my family the most in the world and they are my best support. I know that my life with anxiety and benzo affecting their life. I don't like to live in this hell any more. I am learning how to deal with anxiety and panic attack and I think I am doing good. I just don't want to use any more medicines.

I am using Rivotril (Clonazepam) for five years (from March 2006). My daily dose was 3x0.5mg. It was prescribed for GAD. It was great first year but after that my anxiety get worst and  panic attacks get back. I decided to quite medicine. I tried two times. First was to quickly and I felt horrible so came back on the same daily dose of 1.5mg. Second time (didn't know much about med and my Dr told me that I can quit quickly) I failed again. That was in August 2010. In November 2010I started again with med but I took just 0.5mg. I didn't have much problems with that dose till I start to cut it. It was in April this year. I just cut half of 0.5mg and in the next few days I got terrific withdrawal symptoms. Went to Dr (I changed Dr) and he prescribe me Valium 2 mg and said to cut dose slowly for 1/4 of dose. Now I am using something like 3/4 of 0.25mg and 2 mg of Valium. I feel horrible from last Monday. Monday was the worst day but still I had horrific symptoms. I read a lot on the internet and sometimes I calm down myself for a while when I read some success stories and sometimes I get worse when I read some frightened information about this medicine. I found this forum and hope I will find some great people here who can give me some advice, encouragement and just understand what I am going through.

Maybe I didn't start good with my tapper but now I don't want go back to previous dose. Just want to know how to continue and what to do.

PS Just to say that I started working last month and going to work with almost constant anxiety. I can't quit job now but I don't know how to deal with job and withdrawal at the same time. I am off from Monday till tomorrow (inform that I am sick). I hope I can find courage to go to work tomorrow.

Sorry if my English isn't good cause it is not ma native language.

[9e...]

Marry,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies.

It's good that you have a supporting family.

Also it's good that you can work, as many finds this helps.

You will find plenty of support here.

Again, Welcome.

Sigma.

Hi and welcome to Benzobuddies, Marry.

You express yourself very well and have no need to apologize for your English.  I am in awe of anyone who can communicate in two or more languages.

I had two thoughts about your benzo situation.  First is that 2mg Valium is equivalent to just 0.1mg Rivitrol so you are undoubtedly having withdrawal symptoms.  How long have you been taking the 3/4 of .25mg R. +_ 2mg Valium?  It might be that you just need to hold there for a while until your body adjusts to the lower amount of benzo.  It can take Valium several weeks to reach full strength.  I think you will find that you have less anxiety when you are off the benzos that when you were taking them.  That's what happened to me and what a nice surprise.  ;)

its too bad that you are not dealing with just one benzo, since introducing 2 of them messes with your system because of he differences in half lives of the 2 drugs.

I agree with Beeper.  continue to take the dose you are at for another week or 2. and see if your symptoms stabilize.  That does not mean they will go away , just become a bit more bearable so you can push on. 

Once you get to this point, or once you feel you can handle the symptoms , we can help with plan to move forward slowly.

st

Thank you all for your replies.

I am taking 3/4 of .25mg R for 3 weeks but a messed with Valium. My Dr prescribe me not to completely and exactly switc dose of R to V. he thinks Valium can help with withdrawals and when I totally quit Rivotril I will cut Valium then. But Valium gave me drowsiness, feel so sleepy in the evening but have to work at that time. I called him and he said that I can just quite Valium (after tree weeks of using). Probably that was the mess. I am sorry if all this is confusing, but I made a big mistake cause I don't really write the date when I cut the dose or add Valium.

According to my Dr I can increase dose of Valium now (it is helping me even if I feel sleepy better that crazy) to level I feel better. I just don't want to be confused any more and want to know what exactly to do. I read posts on this forum in hope that can help me. And it is. Also hope some advises of you forum friends.

So my state is like this now : Morning .1875mg of Rivotril ( cut tablet of 0.5mg so it is not so so precise) it is 3/4 of .25mg, and Valium 2mg, and  midday 1 mg of Valium. My plan is to stay like that some more time to see how it is going. I will appreciate your advice.

Today is clear day. I went to school with my kid totally normal. Yesterday was like I walking on clouds in move, loosing balance, mess in head, headache, burning skin...

Thank you

It is getting worse. Morning was ok which is not the case. Now got hart palpitation, stomach cramps, burning skin sensations, anxiety.

I don't know is that withdrawal from clonazepam or some side effects of Valium.  So confused am I doing right. Do I need to accept this and continue with med like now.

Thanks

Our symptoms wax and wane while going through this, they can change daily and even hourly, so try not to worry when you feel increased symptoms.  And please don't worry about not having exact dates when you've made changes, this isn't an exact science.  It may help though if you were to start writing things down, I agree with what others have said about holding this dose for a little while longer.

Try not to worry about the sleepiness, this is common with Valium, your body will get accustomed to it and you shouldn't feel the sedation.

Pam

Thank you Pam

I will stay like this for some time and then I hope you ( forum friends) will give me some good advice how to continue. Have to go to work tomorrow. Hope I will not die there  :). Didn't work from Monday and feel like was forever.

Have some horrible headache today. What do you use for it? Sometimes they go as they started but sometimes are constant like today.

Marija

I found work to be a helpful distraction, even though I was miserable, I was miserable at home too, but at least I was getting paid at work.  :D  Lots of people get headaches, and most use some over the counter medications, some say they rev up their symptoms, others say they don't notice a problem. 

You can stay at your current dose until you begin to feel a little better, like maybe you could make another reduction.  I didn't taper, but people tell me that just when they start to feel better, it's time to cut again.  :sick:

Thanks Pam

I fell ok right now. Headache is gone thanks God. I found job sometimes helpful but sometimes is hard even to go there. I feel drowsy and sleepy of Valium but have to work hard, to walk, talk which is quite hard. Sometimes I feel like a zombie there. But that is the life. And like you said I will get paid for it  ;D. I am just anxious what is my primary symptom and that knows to lead to fear of going out or anywhere.

Marija

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am 31, married with one kid. I love my family the most in the world and they are my best support. I know that my life with anxiety and benzo affecting their life. I don't like to live in this hell any more. I am learning how to deal with anxiety and panic attack and I think I am doing good. I just don't want to use any more medicines.

I am using Rivotril (Clonazepam) for five years (from March 2006). My daily dose was 3x0.5mg. It was prescribed for GAD. It was great first year but after that my anxiety get worst and  panic attacks get back. I decided to quite medicine. I tried two times. First was to quickly and I felt horrible so came back on the same daily dose of 1.5mg. Second time (didn't know much about med and my Dr told me that I can quit quickly) I failed again. That was in August 2010. In November 2010I started again with med but I took just 0.5mg. I didn't have much problems with that dose till I start to cut it. It was in April this year. I just cut half of 0.5mg and in the next few days I got terrific withdrawal symptoms. Went to Dr (I changed Dr) and he prescribe me Valium 2 mg and said to cut dose slowly for 1/4 of dose. Now I am using something like 3/4 of 0.25mg and 2 mg of Valium. I feel horrible from last Monday. Monday was the worst day but still I had horrific symptoms. I read a lot on the internet and sometimes I calm down myself for a while when I read some success stories and sometimes I get worse when I read some frightened information about this medicine. I found this forum and hope I will find some great people here who can give me some advice, encouragement and just understand what I am going through.

Maybe I didn't start good with my tapper but now I don't want go back to previous dose. Just want to know how to continue and what to do.

PS Just to say that I started working last month and going to work with almost constant anxiety. I can't quit job now but I don't know how to deal with job and withdrawal at the same time. I am off from Monday till tomorrow (inform that I am sick). I hope I can find courage to go to work tomorrow.

Sorry if my English isn't good cause it is not ma native language.

Hi Marry,

sorry I forgot your name already, but it's pretty.  I'm just starting to read your story so I figured I'd reply to your fist post just so I could find your blog.  I've been on BB over 2 years and I still have trouble getting around! 

You're English is excellent - you write very well so don't worry about it - no apologies necessary!

So this is just a quick hello and to bring you up on the board so I can find you more easily.  You've been through so much and it's very clear that you love your family very much - I know the toll it takes on our families and the people who love us.  I hope things are getting a bit better for you.  You're on a brave, scary journey but I see you're getting lots of support and you seem like a strong person.  I'll be sure to drop by again.

Sara

Hi Marry You are welcome here and will find the greatest People on ben zobuddies.  it sounds like the burning I had coming off the klonopin. When I found this site I was on klonopin and xanax. Pam helped Me get off the xanax first and klonopin last I am 16 days off klonopin. This is the place to be the support is great . So jump on the train for the ride to get Your health back. I Send You some sunshine and a smile it is nice to meet You. Cheers Steve

Hi Marry You are welcome here and will find the greatest People on ben zobuddies.  it sounds like the burning I had coming off the klonopin. When I found this site I was on klonopin and xanax. Pam helped Me get off the xanax first and klonopin last I am 16 days off klonopin. This is the place to be the support is great . So jump on the train for the ride to get Your health back. I Send You some sunshine and a smile it is nice to meet You. Cheers Steve

Thanks Steve for warm welcome. I like to be here. 

Glad that you finish with benzo's. Keep going. Nice to meet you too. Wish you well and take care.

Marija