Jump to content
Important Survey - Please Participate ×

K Taper from 1.5MG


[Ri...]

Recommended Posts

Hello, and thank you for allowing me to join the wonderful forum. I began my taper 3 days ago by a reduction of 0.125, or 1/4 of a 0.5mg tablet. I would like to continue at this level for 2x weeks then reduce by another 0.125. I figured reducing by 10% every time period (1 week - months) would be a crucial part of success for this taper. I also take 40mg of Paxil and 150mg of Wellbutrin. Please add any comment as I care what other on this site can contribute to my eventual success.

 

sincerely 

RichGB

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Hello RichGB  Welcome to Benzobuddies.

We are glad to have you here with us. Its great that you've started your taper, well done.  Slow is the best way to go, we generally recommend a taper rate of about 5-10% every two weeks, although rates vary, depending on symptoms, its up to you really, whatever feels comfortable.

 When you have a chance, I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very helpful and reassuring during any stage of this process. It includes a list of common symptoms in chapter III  with helpful explanations. https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

The Ashton Manual

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Post to withdrawal support with any symptoms you might have

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/121-withdrawal-recovery-support/

Magrita:hug:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank You!

1 hour ago, [[m...] said:

Hello RichGB  Welcome to Benzobuddies.

We are glad to have you here with us. Its great that you've started your taper, well done.  Slow is the best way to go, we generally recommend a taper rate of about 5-10% every two weeks, although rates vary, depending on symptoms, its up to you really, whatever feels comfortable.

 When you have a chance, I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very helpful and reassuring during any stage of this process. It includes a list of common symptoms in chapter III  with helpful explanations. https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

The Ashton Manual

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Post to withdrawal support with any symptoms you might have

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/121-withdrawal-recovery-support/

Magrita:hug:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @[Ri...],

You said you figured reducing by 10% would be the way to go, but you’re also talking about dropping another .125 mg next time, and that would be a 33.3% cut.  Your first cut of .125 mg was 25%. If you do well on this first cut, you may not need to go as slowly as some of us have to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/08/2023 at 14:47, [[m...] said:

Hello RichGB  Welcome to Benzobuddies.

We are glad to have you here with us. Its great that you've started your taper, well done.  Slow is the best way to go, we generally recommend a taper rate of about 5-10% every two weeks, although rates vary, depending on symptoms, its up to you really, whatever feels comfortable.

 When you have a chance, I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very helpful and reassuring during any stage of this process. It includes a list of common symptoms in chapter III  with helpful explanations. https://benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm

The Ashton Manual

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Post to withdrawal support with any symptoms you might have

https://benzobuddies.org/forum/121-withdrawal-recovery-support/

Magrita:hug:

Thank you 🙏

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello fine people of BB’s..I Just got back from camping and my taper got interrupted. In summary, if I start out taper taking 1.5mg, should my first cut be approx 1/3 from a 0.5mg tablet?

 

sincerely

Rich

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Hello fine people of BB’s..I Just got back from camping and my taper got interrupted. In summary, if I start out taper taking 1.5mg, should my first cut be approx 1/3 from a 0.5mg tablet?

sincerely

Rich

Are you able to make your own decision on tapering Rich?  I mean, is your doctor ok with what you want to taper?  All I believe is that if we have the choice, we should taper small cuts.  I do 6% per month of C which is generic for K.  I've taken it for many years though, just 1 mg. 

If you start out small, and most folks recommend between 5 and 10%, but I chose even less, and I do hold until stable before I cut again.  You just have to try a small taper, see how you feel, listen to your body. 

If a doctor tapers you, you can share with them what you believe is best for a lack of wd sxs for you, see if they'll work with you. Denise

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Are you able to make your own decision on tapering Rich?  I mean, is your doctor ok with what you want to taper?  All I believe is that if we have the choice, we should taper small cuts.  I do 6% per month of C which is generic for K.  I've taken it for many years though, just 1 mg. 

If you start out small, and most folks recommend between 5 and 10%, but I chose even less, and I do hold until stable before I cut again.  You just have to try a small taper, see how you feel, listen to your body. 

If a doctor tapers you, you can share with them what you believe is best for a lack of wd sxs for you, see if they'll work with you. Denise

Yes, luckily I’m in control, make own decision on tapering. Thanks for replying, btw..I just need to make sure my math is correct when making the cuts..I like the 5-6% cuts you personally adhere to. Thank you!

Rich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We typically suggest cuts of 5-10% every two weeks or so. It's really important to keep track of your symptoms and adjust your taper rate accordingly so you remain functional. When I was at a higher dose (1mg) I tapered a bit faster (closer to 10%) and then when I got lower I slowed it down. Most members can go a bit faster at the higher doses like yours.

Also remember when calculating your reductions, each cut has to be calculated on the new total combined daily dose, not the starting dose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

    I think your question is how much to cut from that one pill.  Cutting 1/3 of one of your pills would be an 11% cut.  
    Assuming you are taking 3 0.5 mg pills a day.   So if you want to make a 5% cut, 15% of one of those pills would be 5% of the total (3 pills). This is hard to measure without a scale.  To be more exact and easier, get a scale (20 or so dollars on Amazon) that goes down to .001 g.  Then figure out the weight of the 3 pills (your starting dose).  Say three pills weigh .500g.  To make your initial cut, you would cut one of those pills such that the weight of the 2 whole pills and that one cut pill is .475g (.475g is a 5% cut from .500g.  Does that make sense? It’s confusing I know…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @[Ri...], I’ve merged your two taper threads together, it helps you and the members who have contributed to your thread see what others have suggested, plus is keeps the suggestions in one easy to find central location.

It would also help us help you if you filled out your medication history, this allows us to see it at a glance rather than to back through all of your posts.  Here are the instructions. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I’m Down to 1 MG and will hold here for 2-3 week. I feel a bit more anxiety. Not sure if it’s withdrawal symptoms or rebound anxiety. Cardio bike riding seems to take edge off..Just baby stepping, trying not to overthink this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @[Ri...], good job in finding tools to help you with the anxiety, and I love that you’re trying not to overthink this, obsessing about this process is a hallmark of it so what you’re doing is huge! (y)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...