Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What single activity helped you taper off / reduce withdrawal symptoms regardless of any type of Benzos you were on? (e.g walks, food, meeting people etc.)

[...]

What single activity helped you taper off / reduce withdrawal symptoms regardless of any type of Benzos you were on? (e.g walks, food, meeting people etc.)

Distraction, eat healthy mainly plant base, keep hydrated,exercise, walk, Cold showers, avoiding stress situations, avoiding supplements, have a benzo experience partner to talk to, trying not to read horror sories or come to BB too often

• Like 1

@[...] I think @[mi...] gave you some wonderful tips. My go to is trying to have a routine and part of that routine includes a portion of my day that I love and look forwards to. That usually starts around 530-6 and ends until I go to bed which is usually right at 945. I guess my routine is basically another form of distraction by way of consistency. Like previously mentioned I think it’s good to have benzo partners that understand what you’re going through as talking things out. BB can be a great place for that, just be careful because there are a lot of “scary” things to read on here. Lastly keep moving forward. For me there is a fine line between pushing myself to do “normal” things I have done in the past like go on dyes with my wife, finish my graduate program, and attend social outings. All while at the same time trying to stay in and relax as much as my mind and body will allow for on the day.

• Like 1

Distraction, distraction....distraction and more distraction. I knew how terrible I felt, my first two tapers, and I decided when I had distracted all I could, and was able to handle my third taper. I decided it was time to support others here at BB answering threads, and my Blog, Progress Log, and Music threads, Word thread, and while doing this, my sx were tolerable and I made many wonderful Friends here. 💖Peace and Healing.,

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Low inflammatory/low histamine diet. Keeping those histamine levels down as they cause alot of issues for alot of people in withdrawal. Not coming off supplements when you are tapering because people in groups scared you into it. You might need to take them at some point later on and your body might not necessarily tolerate them at that point. Take what you need from groups in the way of learning but ignore the fearmongering as everyone's journey through this is different. Oops a bit more than one thing. 

• Like 1

@[De...]its hard, and I am by no means distracted 100% of the day but generally here’s what my days consist of to get my mind off my symptoms.

mornings: I have graduate classes from 9-11. This usually takes my mind off me and into learning materials (this is hard because I feel like I have cognitive issues rn)

11-12 I have lunch with some classmates OR find a quiet classroom where I do some midday meditation. This really depends on how I feel during the day if it’s a good day i socialize and vice versa.

12-2 I have hand on labs 

2-3/4 try to nap as I don’t sleep well at night but can nap for some reason? The plus is I usually feel decent after and I burn 2 hours out of the day.

5-6 prepare and eat dinner

6-945 very strict nightly routine (favorite part of the day) 

i try to distract myself by keeping my day full enough that I can do things but also have enough free time to “relax”. Also important to note I just made my first 25% cut 1.5 weeks ago.

• Like 1