Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Video, Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring, Aug. 21/23: "Senior Psychiatrists Harmed By Antidepressants | An Interview with Peter Gordon"

[La...]

This is a truly fascinating conversation between two very intelligent, thoughtful psychiatrists who bring integrity and experience to a discussion of antidepressants -- mostly the not-so-pretty side of why and how these meds are prescribed and promoted. In this interview, Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring, who currently lives in the U.S., speaks with retired psychiatrist Dr. Peter Gordon of Aberdeen, Scotland about his experiences both taking and prescribing antidepressants.

I consider it a very lucky thing that we can hear from two doctors who both bring a very high level of integrity, openness and honesty to the discussion. The willingness to "tell it like it us" is seldom available to lay people, as most of us here are. It's illuminating. And it's a huge relief to those of us who experienced fear and intimidation in a doctor's office when what we really needed was information and support.

Personally, I will always regret my decision to take the medications I took all those years ago, and discussions such as this one completely validate my experiences. There was no "informed consent" because, quite possibly, the doctor himself didn't even know what he was prescribing and what terrible effects those medications could have on me.

If you do take the time to listen to this discussion, I hope you'll weigh in with your thoughts on it as well. I found it compelling.

"Senior Psychiatrists Harmed By Antidepressants | An Interview with Peter Gordon"

• Like 1