Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Welcome to the Long Hauler's Group

[Na...]

And we're sorry you find yourself here :(.

But, hopefully we can support each other, encourage each other, and give each other tips for how to cope with the effect of what we used to call "Protracted Withdrawal" but what is increasingly being called BIND - "Benzo Induced Neurological Dysfunction".

Hopefully all the old faces will find their way back here and we extend a warm welcome to our new members that have unfortunately found themselves dealing with issues long after finishing their taper.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Hi all, thanks to @[Na...] for stepping up to the plate. Not seen too many protracted posting in the main forum. Hopefully they'll find their way here. Not sure I would have, so thanks @[de...] for the invite 

• Like 1

There should be an announcement by Colin sometime today about the group in one of the main forums but by all means PM people you were in contact with in the old forum to spread the word.

• Like 2

Thanks, Nathan.   I have invited a few people using the "Invite Member" function on the group.   I hope this is okay with you.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [[N...] said:

There should be an announcement by Colin sometime today about the group in one of the main forums but by all means PM people you were in contact with in the old forum to spread the word.

I've been busy today, but have now placed an announcement in the Withdrawal & Recovery Support forum, and a mini notice in the News & Notices forum.

Good luck @[Na...] and all.

• Like 4

On 21/08/2023 at 16:49, [[N...] said:

And we're sorry you find yourself here :(.

But, hopefully we can support each other, encourage each other, and give each other tips for how to cope with the effect of what we used to call "Protracted Withdrawal" but what is increasingly being called BIND - "Benzo Induced Neurological Dysfunction".

Hopefully all the old faces will find there way back here and we extend a warm welcome to our new members that have unfortunately found themselves dealing with issues long after finishing their taper.

Thank you, Nathan.  It was hard to find.  I can't imagine what some people are going through.

• Like 1

Nathan, this is a good name for this group, Long Haulers, because it can include those of us who are in a BIND.  I won't call myself protracted anymore, but consider myself BIND.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Nathan, this is a good name for this group, Long Haulers, because it can include those of us who are in a BIND.  I won't call myself protracted anymore, but consider myself BIND.  

Yeah, that was part of the reasoning for the name change. I agree that protracted withdrawal really isn’t a good description of what we’re experiencing. We’re long past withdrawal, but we’re still experiencing issues caused by taking the drug in the first place and then removing it. BIND is a good description but some people aren’t yet familiar with it so we figured that “Long Haulers” got the point across.

Good to see you back Becks. How have you been doing?

• Like 1

Glad to hear from you again too, Nathan.  I'm not doing so well.  These BIND symptoms are doing a number on me, but I do the best I can each day.  I was able to go and get my hair cut yesterday which was a miracle.  BIND is Benzodiazepine-Induced Neurological Dysfunction for anyone who doesn't know.  It's gaining widespread media coverage lately since a research article has been written about it. 

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

I haven't been very active on the forum over the past year. While tapering I was determined that I would continue to get better and back on with my life. That doesn't seem to have happened. So here I am. I will create a separate post with my current symptoms etc..

Thanks for being here and thanks @[Na...] for agreeing to be group leader :clap:

PS hi @[Be...] sorry to hear you've had a setback but glad to hear you are, as always, doing your best :hug:

• Like 1

Glad to see a lot of people are finding their way back. :thumbsup:

If there are people you remember from the old forum that you don't see you might try PMing them to let them know where the new group is.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2023 at 13:26, [[N...] said:

Thank you, Nathan.  It was hard to find.  I can't imagine what some people are going through.

Thank you Nathan. BIND is exactly what I'm experiencing and have for yrs.

I'm a long hauler hoping to one day heal.

Took me a while to find my way back here. I really need the support.

• Like 1

Thank you, Nathan, for taking the lead and giving us Long Haulers a special place to share our thoughts, concerns, and individual stories.  You are a good man!!!!

Hugs.

GG

• Like 1

Thanks for this, Nathan. It's been 9 yrs now, really thought I would be done with this by now, but since July 15, have been in a heck of a wave.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Well Hallelujah!  There you all are!  I have been MIA for a very long time as far as posting, but I still read content and find great comfort in BB.  I have found the new site difficult to navigate, so I am glad to have stumbled upon this "club".  Guess tonight I got lucky.  More later.  I should probably read the rules first lol.  Yay!   Hello to all!  Thanks, Nathan.

• Like 1