Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

health issues need to get off ashton

[Sh...]

i have been on ashton for 9 or 10 days.  Have to have some major dental work done, I cannot chew or eat and am losing weight fast.  Plus the nausea of the schedule was bad enough.  I would like to get off ashton and go back to my normal dose of klonopin 2 or 2.5 mgs so I can get this dental work done.  Had to have a bridge removed in the front and a possible absess and extraction as my immune system will not tolerate a root canal.  Then I have to heal and have partials made. UGH!  Anyway, I am worried about the whole thing and developing tolerance again, but have to be able to chew and eat.  What should I do?  We plan to talk to md tomorrow.  Can you just stop ashton and start back up on klonopin without bad results.  I think the valium was hard on me, just laying there waiting for death.  severe depression,  I know all this is normal, but wonder if it was the valium.  Thought I would try a direct taper when I go back, compounding pharmacy here will help me.  Thanks.

reinstating to your original dose is a russian roulette of the mind.

there are several possible outcomes.

1: you take your original dose and are fine

2: you take your original dose and you become paradoxical

3: you have to updose to get the same effect as your original dose

4: no amount of updosing gives you the same relief you got on your original dose

There is absolutely no way to tell what will happen without you trying it.

Through anecdotal stories, it seems that many people don't have much luck reinstating, but they're just stories.

i have been on ashton for 9 or 10 days.  Have to have some major dental work done, I cannot chew or eat and am losing weight fast.  Plus the nausea of the schedule was bad enough.   I would like to get off ashton and go back to my normal dose of klonopin 2 or 2.5 mgs so I can get this dental work done.  Had to have a bridge removed in the front and a possible absess and extraction as my immune system will not tolerate a root canal.  Then I have to heal and have partials made. UGH!  Anyway, I am worried about the whole thing and developing tolerance again, but have to be able to chew and eat.  What should I do?  We plan to talk to md tomorrow.  Can you just stop ashton and start back up on klonopin without bad results.  I think the valium was hard on me, just laying there waiting for death.  severe depression,  I know all this is normal, but wonder if it was the valium.  Thought I would try a direct taper when I go back, compounding pharmacy here will help me.  Thanks.

I'm sorry you have all that dental work to go through.  Just thinking about it is bound to increase your anxiety.  I'm not clear on why you want to stop taking Valium and go back to Klonopin.  If you've only been on Valium for 9-10 days, it hasn't fully built up in your system.  From what I've read, it can take as much as a month.  Did you cross over to an equivalent amount of Valium ( 2mg Klonopin = 40mg Valium)?  You can cross back to Klonopin but it can be tricky because of their different half-lives and the short time you've been on the Valium.  I'd probably do it in stages substituting .5mg Klonopin for 10mg Valium at a time.