Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Can't be on as much, wildfires up river from me..

[or...]

..and our Electric/Power supply station is up there so shut down.  Just 2 days so far, a real test for me in wd ;) but doing good so far, no high anxiety over it, maybe just a little :brickwall:lol!!.  I have a campstove, butane I am using, and my phone is a good hotspot for once in awhile, and I can recharge it in my little truck.  Sure glad I bought a new "expensive" battery for my Mazda just a couple months back :)

Have some neighbors around me that are much worse off than me, our little fairgrounds is opened up for evacuees from fires.  It's all in Del Norte County California if anyone wants to look it up.  I know my username is Oregonlady, but never wanted to change that as Oregon will always be home to me :)  I'm just on here so much I wanted someone to know why I'm not lately ;)  I sure miss my little fans for my hotflashes, and the air isn't the best right now, but bearable ;) I'll get back on a little later.  I am learning a huge lesson, be prepared for outages.  I'm glad I don't stock up on freezer things, I just kind of enjoy getting out to the markets and maybe, don't worry enough about "what might happen".  Hope folks are doing good today, don't give up before the miracle, Denise ❤️❤️❤️

• Like 1

Will do pamster I just got hooked up to a rather old radio and I can pick up our local station and they're broadcasting where to get propane and ice and things like that so people are out there helping I just went and drove through town and even stopped at him home Depot so it's not it's not too bad here and hopefully that fire will be put out there's 15 fires and three of them are now completely contained so I haven't heard an update since that but that was good news I'm using voice to text on my phone so sorry about no punctuation haha 😁

4 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Stay safe.  Hopefully your power will be restored soon.

Hi Decatur thank you so much for the good wishes and I'm sure in time another thing to wait for hey but it'll be probably a couple more days I'm guessing but doing good I'm getting outside more two neighbors and I'd say well easy to say that what I mean is safe to say that most of them are worse off than I am so I'm fine and little things to help out we have an elevator here for three floors and some of them can't get down the stairs so some of us are a couple of us are able to get around good 😉👍

1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

I'm so sorry this is happening.  So good to hear how well informed and prepared you are.  

Hi brighter Day really pretty neat to get the replies I miss being on BB More but lucky that I have a good phone with hotspot so I can get on once in awhile I'll be back soon I'm sure and those fires will be put out three or already contained

On 19/08/2023 at 20:23, [[o...] said:

Hi brighter Day really pretty neat to get the replies I miss being on BB More but lucky that I have a good phone with hotspot so I can get on once in awhile I'll be back soon I'm sure and those fires will be put out three or already contained

Hi Denise, I live your pictures. Is that from your garden? 
I just wanted to tell you I’ve been trying to catch up on your posts and noticed how helpful you are with everyone here.  
I just shut down and barely interact with anyone anymore. I’m praying for a window. 
sending you a hug 🤗♥️😘

@[Ja...] I hope you are feeling better today, I feel like shutting down today, so I get that.  I think it's best for me to just go with it, kind of like I had to do when I spend a bit too much time with people here, that live in my building.  I just don't handle all the many personalities as I used to.  I've mostly been a loner, although I do like being around folks for sort of short times. 

I worried a little lately as my anxiety when pretty high with "everybody" talking at once over our power outage.  It came back on yesterday right around 4:30 5pm. It's a long old story, but our Power Company somehow set up big generators to cover a large area of our town, but some are still without power so we are very lucky.  The fire is still blazing but the last I heard yesterday was that they were seeing a reduction, that's the word they used on the radio.

I've been holding my last cut for well over 2 weeks (14 days) now just didn't feel secure enough, or stable enough to do another ;) sending love, hope and hugs, Denise:smitten::hug:

Hi Denise,  I’m happy to hear the fire is reducing in size and that your safe, 

Just so you know we have a lot in common. I’m a loner too and especially now, I can’t handle too many personalities. 
That must have been hard without the electric. How long was it out for?   
And what dosage of clonazepam are you on now?  Is it .70 ?  I bought a gemini20 scale but haven’t used it yet because I’m cutting all the way down until I can’t cut anymore, then I’ll do water titration. 

I feel so disconnected from everyone and everything and my brain convinces me that it will always be like this. I feel stuck but it’s all benzo lies. 
we have to remember that and keep moving forward. 
I love reading your posts and I love your attitude. 
sending you a big hug from NY. ♥️🤗

5 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hi Denise,  I’m happy to hear the fire is reducing in size and that your safe, 

Just so you know we have a lot in common. I’m a loner too and especially now, I can’t handle too many personalities. 
That must have been hard without the electric. How long was it out for?   
And what dosage of clonazepam are you on now?  Is it .70 ?  I bought a gemini20 scale but haven’t used it yet because I’m cutting all the way down until I can’t cut anymore, then I’ll do water titration. 

I feel so disconnected from everyone and everything and my brain convinces me that it will always be like this. I feel stuck but it’s all benzo lies. 
we have to remember that and keep moving forward. 
I love reading your posts and I love your attitude. 
sending you a big hug from NY. ♥️🤗

Hi @[Ja...] I am right around .70 yes.  I really think my 6% a month has been the right amount, for now, that is something I've been reading up on, especially the Hyperbolic taper.  I can't wrap my brain around it, yet, but I'll keep at it now that I am fully back online ;)  I agree about the "benzo lies" but it's hard to fight them at times for sure.  I got pretty negative over some of the neglect of some of our disabled folks, but I also saw many of them doing their best to do what they could, especially those dang stairwells.

You must be shaving your pill, or splitting them w/o weighing then?  I did that and was actually pretty darn accurate.  I cut too much the first time and got some way high anxiety. My first cut was 11%, and now, again, I just do 3% about every 2 weeks.  I'm holding longer as I mentioned as I was getting to be kind of a wreck in the traffic with no signals working in town, just red stop-signs.  Many folks don't know the meaning of "taking turns" it seems, geesh. 

Anyway, oh yeah, we were out of electricity since Friday, so 4 days give or take a few hours.  It was hard, but depending on the need for those generators, we could be out again so everyone, most everyone is preparing as best we can.

I just want to say @[Ja...] if you're struggling, hurting, try to let your body become stable on each cut, that's helped me a lot, not to be in hurry.  Not that you are because I don't know your history on taper.  I'll see if you have it on your About Me though.  I'm very new at this, just 5 months, but I truly believe I would be a lot worse, like when I cut 11% before I got to BB.  One time going on 3 years ago, my MD cut me .25 a month and I had a bad seizure, or something, they never took any tests that showed anything had happened at all.  I was numb, whole left side of body, like what happened to Colin.

Love, hugs, and hope coming your way Jacky, Denise :smitten::hug:

whoa!  fires and tapering are a test of -- fire!  Glad that you are in relative good shape and that things are calming some.  Good to see you on here.

I'm not on here much.

wishing you the best

SS

Hi @[Su...], so good to see you :)  Things are returning to normal, with having our electricity back.  It's still hard to see so many evacuees at the fairgrounds, but their safe.  I can't imagine losing everything I own, but their getting a lot of help and support.  Some areas that have been evacuated have stayed safe so praying most of the folks can go back to their homes if the fire is slowly but surely being reduced/contained. 

Tonight I am taking it easy, just waiting for my dinner to be reheated.  We were about to have a cook-out in the apartment complexes courtyard lastnight and there were lots of leftovers.  Since no electricity til about an hour after the cookout.  A wonderful little place called Art's BBQ cooked up a bunch of meat and other side dishes, and gave us a free dinner, so much food and few showed up but many had gone out of town to families etc.

It's been a good learning experience as we need to all meet together to discuss emergency needs for the next time ;) big hugs, Denise:hug:Let me know how you are doing when you have the time ;)