Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Troubleshooting Delete Feature

[Bl...]

Colin

BB Team

Posted yesterday at 02:34

@BlueRose You should be able to delete your posts. Try the 'meatball' menu (three dots) to the top-right of your post.

@Soapybits I expect - as is usual for forum-type software, you cannot delete the opening post to a thread. But if you bump this thread in a week or two with a request to delete it, and assuming it is not active (or become useful in some way) we can do this for you.

TEST........

Colin

BB Team

Posted yesterday at 02:34

@BlueRose You should be able to delete your posts. Try the 'meatball' menu (three dots) to the top-right of your post.

@Soapybits I expect - as is usual for forum-type software, you cannot delete the opening post to a thread. But if you bump this thread in a week or two with a request to delete it, and assuming it is not active (or become useful in some way) we can do this for you.

The drop down menu(three dots) allows me to select from three options: Report;  Share;  Edit 

When I select "Edit" I am allowed to edit my post, but I'm not able to delete it and then just leave the thread.

I want to delete the entire comment and then NOT resubmit a comment. At which point my Profile Icon should disappear from the thread as well. I do not see any option for "delete". Maybe I created this problem. If so...I can live with it!!:)

• 3 months later...
On 18/08/2023 at 03:20, [[B...] said:

When I select "Edit" I am allowed to edit my post, but I'm not able to delete it and then just leave the thread.

I also have the same problem  :(

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 11-47-59 Words To Lighten Our Day II.png

It looks like once we leave a comment it can only be edited. So we are obligated to leave some content, even if we've changed our minds. I guess that's why I've seen posts with only the following, a period; "."

Edited by [Bl...]