Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tinnitus

[iw...]

I have been off Clonazepam for more than 7 years now and still suffer from tinnitus as a withdrawal symptom.  I'm wondering if any others on this forum are having the same problem.  My tinnitus is a constant buzzing noise and shows no signs of disappearing.  This feels like permanent damage to me.  I have been miserable. :(

• Like 1

I’m so sorry. I stupidly quit my meds bc I heard they could be ototoxic not knowing tinnitus was a common side effect of withdrawal:( 

Tinnitus Talk is a great forum for advice and support if you’re not already there. my username is scared8 if you want to chat 

2 hours ago, [[i...] said:

I have been off Clonazepam for more than 7 years now and still suffer from tinnitus as a withdrawal symptom.  I'm wondering if any others on this forum are having the same problem.  My tinnitus is a constant buzzing noise and shows no signs of disappearing.  This feels like permanent damage to me.  I have been miserable. :(

mine is 24/7 ringing, or you could call it a high pitched sound like a tuning-fork.  I've had mine at least 10 years, and it's probably from my rock music, listening to bands in my 20s, but mostly, I really do think the C brought it on, set it off, whatever.  I've noticed it decreasing, sometimes to zero, just in the last couple of years.  I also have adapted to it pretty good.  Many times I literally don't think about it it's gotten so much better, or, I'm just more adapted all the time.

People have it for different reasons though, and I know it's really frustrating that there aren't more studies on it.  I can tell you the my nutrition and exercise, I believe, has helped a lot, I eat an anti-inflammatory diet.  I'm also slowly weaning of C and feeling more relief in many ways, including the T.  One thing I believe is that the more attention I pay to it, the worse it seems.  I don't know, maybe it's all in my head :idiot:but I do hope you find some things to give you relief.  I have a sound app on my phone for times I just can't stand it.  Lots of apps now, at least on Playstore, for Tinnitus sufferers ;) Denise:smitten::hug:

I wouldn't say that the "rarely cures tinnitus" statement is a resounding endorsement of this particular treatment idea but, who knows, it might have some benefits. The problem with all of this is that people who experience tinnitus are usually quite desperate, even to the point of panic. This makes us easy targets for con artists, snake oil salesmen and anyone who is fine  with manipulating others. Professional ear cleaning might be a good idea from time to time. It makes it a little better.

I've had it for years. My dad has it, too, and he has never touched a benzo. I think lots of things can cause it, although it DOES seem to get worse at times. I just try to ignore it - not always successfully - urgh!