Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Anyone here interested in philosophy, psychology, literature quotes?

[Es...]

I'm a philosophy and literature graduate. They help me navigate through life. I thought I could share what I've learnt in the form of these quotes. They certainly can distract and make you think about something completely different than BZD WD. They can also make you see the BZD WD in a different light. Please subscribe if you're interested. 

Paula

• Like 2

I'm a philosophy and lit graduate also, Paula. I'll be following you and will add some quotes of my own as I can. Nice to "meet" you! :love: I was reading an article yesterday on Aristotle's recommendations for a happy life. A guy named Arthur Brooks writes a column on Atlantic dedicated to this topic (a happy life, not Aristotle lol) and I'll come back here and post the link to his columns when I have time. You can get them emailed to you. They're very thought-provoking. Got to go to work now!

Linda

• Like 2

I am interested! I published academic papers on law & ethics before benzo brain :) This whole experience gives me the best PhD topic ever but no brain to research it anymore unfortunately.

• Like 2

@[or...]

Linda🤍 I’m so happy there will be two of us here. Both philosophy/literature graduates and both Happy Cat Servants. My Kitty is officially a Zen Expert on IG and Amazon🙈 And has taught me so much about life. How old is Bianca? Kitty is 12 yrs old. Exotic Shorthair lifespan cannot get longer than 15 yrs, so we’re practically living with a death sentence. I don’t have kids, she’s like a daughter to me. 

Philosophy has been guiding me my whole life. You add whatever you can, this is meant to be simple and accessible to anyone who stumbles upon it. As Einstein once said:

IMG_3914.thumb.jpeg.927f48b7d6c1c83ce3f87b1761ef4a65.jpeg

I just believe exercise is just important for the brain as for the body. You know, all those neurotransmitters released... And here is the proof. Neuroplasticity, restoring cognitive function, distracting by reading the quotes instead of ruminating... might work. Let's treat it as an experiment🤍

• Like 1

@[Co...]

As long as you keep it simple and accessible to the specific general public which is BB Community, you are more than welcome. I’m thinking short quotes, cause people have difficulties concentrating on a longer text. Let's not serve them Hegel's phenomenology as an entrée🙀 Buddhism, Confucianism, Ancient Greeks, Epicureanism, Cartesianism, Stoicism, Existentialism, Vienna circle, different psychology schools like CBT, psychoanalysis etc. Here is a nice Timeline of Western philosophers to give you some ideas, you should know which are most noteworthy. I'm tired, underfed,  and my discourse is turning into some kind of metaphysical comatose mambo-jambo...

• Like 1

Here's one of my favorite quotes, by ALBERT SCHWEITZER: "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life:  music and cats." I'm very fond of quotes by famous people which reference cats. I think many here on BB will be able to relate. 

Oh, to answer your question Paula, Bianca is 6. She's a rescue cat, mainly white with some tabby spots. Just a little girl -- 9 pounds. (That's not her at the piano . . . just a random cat pic).

bianca 81.jpeg

• Like 2

Here's a non-cat quote that I've always loved, even though T.S. Eliot is not necessarily one of my favorite authors. Still, love the quote:

Quotes-jpg.jpg

• Like 4

Right Paula. A great quote. (I liked Sigmund Freud's quote about cats, too as well as the one from Mary Oliver). :love: See you tomorrow. I'm off to bed now.

• Like 1