Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I think I tried to quit too early in my taper

[ho...]

I am presently  on Valium .5 once in the morning .Doing fine with that . I know its a low dose but its working .  Have been doing a  gradual taper for approx.  every ten days. This time I only did 6 days didnt take anything yesterday and I woke up last night several times and feel like Im having wd again. Do I need to stay on the .5 for 10 -14 days before I decide to quit. Im really scared. I want this to be over. Maybe I stopped too soon. thx Marilyn

You probably did stop too soon, Marilyn.  While Ashton did have her patients jump at .5mg Valium, they also had been at that leverl 10-14 days or more beforehand.  You are almost there and soon will be free.  :thumbsup:

ok Im almost there.... Its frustrating . I feel like its just within my reach. I know its my decision. I didnt take anything today again. Maybe  I should.

I just read the Ashton Manual again. She advises to stay at a certain point in your tapering if there is a family crisis. There is here . We have a family member that just got a heart transplant. There are so many things going on in my mind and other things too much to discuss here. So I am going to stay on the .5 Valium for another week.  :'(

sigma

Than k you for being there to answer my questions .

Im not great on here I get confused as to how to answer back.

I hope there is someone there for you to0.  :angel:

Well today was much better than yesterday. I cannot eat anything that has too much oil or meat on it . I was eating really well before, actually I lost my appetite on Klonopin and now I am hungry for anything.

I gained back the weight I lost . Oh well better that than drugged up. Its only 8 lbs but on me it feels like a lot more.

getting over this has been hard but not as hard as I thought it would be.

I am almost finished. Im doing .5 Valium in water, drinking 1/2 every day.

I know Ashton says to jump at .5 but I am very sensitive to meds and I feel better doing it slowly.