Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

RIP Sinead O'Connor

[jo...]

Really sad, she was never the same after the suicide of her son. I hope she is resting in peace. 

Nothing compares to you was one of my all-time fav songs.

• Like 2

I've been watching lots of Sinead videos over the past few days -- old interviews, plus lots of excellent music, including traditional Irish tunes sung stunningly by this massively talented woman. I'm so sad about her passing. May she rest in peace.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So many tears I cried... She had PTSD, like me. She was much more beautiful than in this vid. Inside and out. She also had to deal with an abusive mother, who damaged her for life. I think it was suicide, she followed her beloved son Shane. Maybe she thought she had failed him as a Mother. I'm sure she didn't. After the horror she went through during her early and teenage years, I think she was all about protecting her kids. But the suffering was too much.

Prince didn't allow this song in an autobiographical film about her. She sang it with all her heart: "All the flowers that you planted Mama, in the backyard... they all died when you went away". 

She forever longed for a Mother's Love, like I do... Forbid myself to listen to this song and her angelic voice, cause tears just start to flow and I cannot help it. She had something beautiful in her eyes, she was so genuine. Never cared about people's approval. You're no longer suffering, sweet Sinéad❤️

I was able to listen to the the first section of her book as an audio book because someone posted it on YouTube. I had to listen to it twice. Just so....intense and extraordinary. I loved hearing her tell her own story, but I was completely shocked by the abuse she suffered at the hands of her mother. I just kept saying, "Oh, Sinead!" I so wish she had had a different childhood. She didn't deserve any of that. I wonder what her life would have been like had she not had all of that trauma at such a young age. She was extraordinarily gifted. Such a beautiful voice.