Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Need Help with Tapering Plan

[bo...]

Hi All,

I'm new to this group and need help with a tapering plan.

Here's my current doses:

Morning: .5 mg Lorazepam

Evening: .5 mg Lorazepam

Night: .75 Lorazepam

I've been on it for 1 1/2 months.  Can you assist with a direct tapering plan and how I should do it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony

Hi,

It's good you are dosing three times a day. You are taking a total of 1.75 mg a day. The general recommendation is to cut 10% every week or two.

I wrote out a plan and then kept a log of symptoms each day. I initially cut too much and slowed my taper down. There were still symptoms, but tolerable. Had I been working, I would have slowed it down even more.

There are details to splitting doses and using water titration to get your daily dose correct. Ativan dissolves readily in water and so you can make a water solution for creating your daily dose and then splitting it three ways  . . .  or you could cut down your highest dose of the day. I cut 1/8th a week because that was easier to figure.

Good luck. Ask again for support as you need. This is not easy and we understand.

Hi All,

I'm new to this group and need help with a tapering plan.

Here's my current doses:

Morning: .5 mg Lorazepam

Evening: .5 mg Lorazepam

Night: .75 Lorazepam

I've been on it for 1 1/2 months.  Can you assist with a direct tapering plan and how I should do it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tony

I replied to your first post on this subject, Tony:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=33326.msg479670#msg479670