Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stress / Anxiety

[Ra...]

Hi All, 

I undergo a lot of stress  due to my recent operation and family issues.

As a results, trigger my depression,  anxiety, insomnia etc. I am 2 yrs off ATI.

There are still body symptoms left. I wonder if anyone has any recommendation eg supplement for the stress, anxiety, books to read,  breathing methods or exercise to share?

• Like 1

Hi Rainbow,

Supplements can be a tricky topic, depending on how you have reacted to things in the past... What was your sensitivity like during taper? Had you tried things that did or did not work?

Breathing can be an amazing help during stress- breathing correctly that is. There are a lot of videos on youtube about box/ diaphragmatic breathing that can walk you through it. Yoga has been cited as something that helps, likely because of the combination of gentle motion and the meditative quality of a practice that centers around breathing. Another thing that I recently got for my husband is Calmigo. It's a gadget that combines breathing regulation with aromatherapy. However, you can also do something as simple as adding a few drops of lavender oil in a cotton ball and carry that with you to inhale the scent as you breathe.

What about cbd? It works well when it comes to your symptoms. And it is safer than taking supplements and medications. I often read the info about them on the canadian pharmacy site, I also checked doses, contraindications, and cautions there. Sometimes I'm frightened by the possible side effects. 

Edited by [ha...]

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time. It's essential to take care of yourself during these challenging moments. For stress and anxiety, consider speaking to a pharmacist about natural supplements like valerian root or passionflower. Breathing exercises and mindfulness techniques can be helpful; try apps like Calm or Headspace. Books like "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" and "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns might be worth exploring. Additionally, regular exercise, even gentle activities like walking, can positively impact your mood. Remember, it's okay to seek professional support if needed. Take care and be kind to yourself.

On 7/25/2023 at 4:30 PM, [[h...] said:

What about cbd? It works well when it comes to your symptoms. And it is safer than taking supplements and medications.

I don't know, I vape ∆8 and it sort of helps with insomnia but that's about it. It's legal where I live but expensive. I'm flat on my back every day 23/7 with depression/anxiety and cog impaired function and cannot get enough sleep unless I take Seroquel or Baclofen, but those are no longer an option, nor is Norco (Hydrocodone) to much my chagrin. I'm about a month away from 7 yrs off K and still is a nightmare. I don't advise but just to suggest avoid stress like the plague. And be kind to yourself.☮️

On 7/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, [[O...] said:

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time. It's essential to take care of yourself during these challenging moments. For stress and anxiety, consider speaking to a pharmacist about natural supplements like valerian root or passionflower. Breathing exercises and mindfulness techniques can be helpful; try apps like Calm or Headspace. Books like "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook" and "Feeling Good" by Dr. David Burns might be worth exploring. Additionally, regular exercise, even gentle activities like walking, can positively impact your mood. Remember, it's okay to seek professional support if needed. Take care and be kind to yourself.

Thank you so much ❤️

On 7/26/2023 at 7:30 AM, [[h...] said:

What about cbd? It works well when it comes to your symptoms. And it is safer than taking supplements and medications. I often read the info about them on the canadian pharmacy site, I also checked doses, contraindications, and cautions there. Sometimes I'm frightened by the possible side effects. 

i never tried CBD. I am scare of the side effects