Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

why does everyone think their worse than the next?

My husband swears he is the "worst case" maybe because he hasn't gotten any windows but other than that he has the same symptoms and people have pm him telling him they are where he is? He has chatted with others and they too say the same. Why is that?

Probably because none of us could have imagined it was possible to have to go through this much suffering.

That said I consider myself pretty lucky. Went through hell and back a few months ago but now I am feeling soooo much better. I feel bad for people who are still suffering, especially those who are over a year off. Who knows....I could relapse into full blown WD and that could be me in a few months. You never know....

Until that happens I will continue to counting my blessings.

[bb...]

It's really hard to explain unless one goes through it.

It's a shock and an awakening to reality.

I don't think I'm the worse case, and have done a c/t.. and know what that feels like vs. a taper.

I find tapering helps, but it certainly isn't no walk in the park.

S#

Suffering is relative. A cool phenomenon of benzo w/d is that we'll swear a particular sx is the worst thing that's ever happened to us ever in life, and then next day it'll be replaced with another sx and we'll swear this one is worse than the last and we didn't know how bearable the previous sx was. ^_^

True suffering cannot be imagined in any real sense. People only know their own worst suffering. Some can relate, but it's impossible to experience suffering in the way anyone else does. I might have the same side effects as another, but we'd feel them in different ways so I can see how someone would feel they're worse off than another.

I can say based on what I've read here that it would seem there are people both better and worse off than myself, but I only know what I can handle and what it feels like to me.

Not sure if that made any sense. :idiot:

My husband swears he is the "worst case" maybe because he hasn't gotten any windows but other than that he has the same symptoms and people have pm him telling him they are where he is? He has chatted with others and they too say the same. Why is that?

Hi Teacher.......

not everyone thinks they're the worse case.  Many of us realize that if this could happen to us (and to the degree that it has) then there has to be others who suffer the same.

Has your husband read the forums?  If he has then he has to know that he's not the worse case.  Many people do not have windows but rather only short periods of time when symptoms come down a notch or two but that's it. 

Perhaps you should just agree his statement....  because trying to argue with him to convince him otherwise could drive you insane.  from what you write......it appears that he has spoken to many people and yet, still doesn't believe that others have it as bad as him.  So............

Let him have his thought and he will have to work through it.  If you keep trying to work through it for him, he will never let go of that mind-set.  You know what I mean? 

He's extremely fortunate to have a partner to assist him.  Many people aren't so lucky.

Has he gone for any therapy to help him through this time?

Still Alive