Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fall asleep easy, but cannot stay asleep

[jo...]

Hello

I fall asleep easy but cannot stay asleep.

My insomnia just got worse since April time when I started taking cat's claw.

I didn't know it acted on BZD receptors.

I wake up and take my morning benzo dose too early, and when I go back to sleep, it's a horrible experience, I get disturbing dreams and disturbing thoughts.

Is this common, I would love to hear other's experiences.

Hi, cat’s claw is for inflammation. Is that why you’re taking it? I use TUMERIC and magnesium. TUMERIC helps my pain and inflammation, while magnesium helps many other enzyme reactions including sleep.  

2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hi, cat’s claw is for inflammation. Is that why you’re taking it? I use TUMERIC and magnesium. TUMERIC helps my pain and inflammation, while magnesium helps many other enzyme reactions including sleep.  

Hello and thanks for your reply.

Yeah, inflammation was a reason I took it.

It did help the unreachable little patch of eczema on my back, which has started itching now I have stopped taking it.

I do like magnesium and take magnesium glycinate every day.

I was taking turmeric, I stopped it as I also found out that it can increase the levels of benzodiazepines in the bloodstream. 

I researched it using bard.google.com, which says the following 

"turmeric can interfere with the metabolism of benzodiazepines, which are a type of medication used to treat anxiety and insomnia. This can lead to an increase in the levels of benzodiazepines in the bloodstream, which can increase the risk of side effects such as drowsiness, dizziness, and confusion"

It seems that loads of seemingly innocent stuff can interfere with benzos, but thanks.

As long as you're still on Benzos, anything is possible regarding symptoms and insomnia.  Sleep and symptoms even out over time.  But honestly I would not expect any major improvement until you are completely off of Benzos.  I am not sure if you are tapering right now or not?  Unfortunately, Healing and recovery can only happen after you are off.

• Like 1

Hi, I too fall asleep very easy, but find myself awake 1 hour after! Then awake for a couple then sleep for a few and so on. Its so frustrating and I cant wait til i can sleep through the night again with no waking.

I have another problem. I can't fall asleep. I'm tired and want to sleep, but just can't get to sleep. I can spend half of the night this way.