Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo withdrawal

[cm...]

Hi I'm Cam.I've been on Benzos  since 1989.Have been on alprazolam since then.1.5mg 4times daily,trazodone 100mg 1x nightly,effexor 37.5 mg in am.I went to detox in fall 2006 for 21 days.Came home and 1 week later had a withdrawal seizure.Made it 7 months then had to go back on meds.I have been a mess ever since.Brain shivers,ears ringing,acute stiffness all over.Can any one tell me what has happened to me?Especially then effect drug toxicity can have on my liver and other organs including my brain.My marriage is in crisis mode and I need help!! Thanks,Cam

Hello Cam,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

If you are worried about toxicity issues, you should see your doctor for the appropriate blood tests. Are you taking all your original drugs again, or just the alprazolam?

Hello Cam, Welcome,

Would you like help in learning how to do a safe, slow taper from the Xanax?  If your Dr rules out any medical problems, you may be tolerant to the Xanax and experiencing tolerance withdrawal symptoms which happens when our bodies become tolerant to the drug.

Let us know how we can help.

Pam

Hi cam, and welcome,

I am so sorry for what you are going through.  Your story sounds very much like my sister's, right down to the dates. :(

We understand what you are experiencing, and I hope you will let us support you and encourage you through this.

Please let us know how we can help you - that's the reason we are here. :)