Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

re took ambien help

this morning around 5:00 i took 5 mg of ambien in desperation to get more sleep.  i had been off ambien for about 3 weeks now  it got me an extra hour sleep i think.  did i ruin my withdrawl from it i am also down to 1.5 mg of valium which i take at arund 4:00 in the morning.  i have been falling asleep on my own but wake up every i-2 hrs and average about 6 hrs. sleep.  not enough for me but i can fall asleep on my own.  thanks

Hi aura,

You will be ok :). Out of desperation,  I would grab for the Ambien to try and get some sleep, but it reached the point where it was doing me more harm then good.

Not getting enough sleep is an issue that most of the members around here are dealing with. I finally tossed out the Ambien , and my brain has pretty much repaired it'self to the point where some nights I can sleep 7, uninterupted hours.

I never was able to do this while taking Ambien! Good luck to you!

pj

thank you pj.  was your problem not being able to fall asleep or not able to stay asleep then waking up early like mine. i also feel sick in the mornings.  did you get leg cramps from the ambien    thanks 

I could always fall asleep alright, but waking up every hour or two was the problem. Yes, I would get leg cramps,but that was probably from the Ativan that I was also taking.

The sooner you can get the Ambien out of your system , your situation will start to get so much better for you.

The whole world seems turned up-side down when We don't get our sleep.

sounds like we have the same problem.  You went cold turkey on getting off the ativan and ambien.  wow  it must have been tough.  I am having a lot of depression and anxiety especially in the morning  by late afternoon i feel so much better.  is there anything you took for your symtoms?  also the temperature fluctuations are bad especially when it becomes low  i freeze.  I was told to take gabba suplements and probiotics because of digestion problems.  Thank you for your help 

Morning anxiety is common, just try to get out of bed, eat something and get on with your day.  In my opinion GABA supplements are a hoax.

sounds like we have the same problem.  You went cold turkey on getting off the ativan and ambien.  wow  it must have been tough.  I am having a lot of depression and anxiety especially in the morning  by late afternoon i feel so much better.  is there anything you took for your symtoms?  also the temperature fluctuations are bad especially when it becomes low  i freeze.  I was told to take gabba suplements and probiotics because of digestion problems.  Thank you for your help 

I pretty much stayed away any supplements and otc sleep aids. I found that If I remained positive and didn't dwell on all the misery that I was in, life seemed a litle better.

The temperature fluctuations, I practically lived in a hooded sweatshirt! One night I was so cold I Wore a parka and a stocking cap in the house. It took some time, but My internal temp. is now at 98, was as low as 96.4 at one time.

I never want to see another hooded sweatshirt!

Good luck to you, someday this will all be a a faded memory.

thank you all again.  Today has been a bad day.  only on 1.75 of valium once a day.  im not working and i dont see how anyone can when you feel this way.  i switch over to valium from klonopin which means .082 mg of klonopin if i had stayed on. when do i just stop the valium  its such a low dose.  its not helping anything and maybe making me more depressed.  is it worst to withdrawl when you had intolerance for months i never would go higher in dose . Cant understand since i basically never went higher then .25 and seldom .5 in the last year and seemed to have gotten off the .25 without a problem other times.  Thanks  im really hyper today specially since i didnt get half decent sleep.