Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Dysautonomia

[hl...]

Hey guys. Before I started tapering klonopin, I was dealing with pots that rendered me nonfunctional. After I completed my taper, my pots went away but now it is back and I am wondering if the dysautonomia is what is causing me to get stuck in fight or flight mode whenever I leave the house? When I go out, I feel agoraphobic, but I also get stuck in a hyper reactive state where I am completely consumed and overwhelmed with anxiety. It’s so painful! My brain feels like it’s short circuiting and I cannot function and will not improve until I am home.

I don’t know what to do! It’s been a year since my last dose and frankly I am worse than when I started. Could this be a result of the dysautonomia and my overreacting sympathetic nervous system, or is this just traditional benzodiazepine withdrawal anxiety?

I'm sorry-it stinks majorly. I get the dysautonomia symptoms as well and was only on a benzo 5/6 weeks. It started exactly with my benzo use and still continues at 6 months off. I am praying it goes away eventually. As you can see, it's very hard to tease this whole mess apart. Your symptoms are extremely common in "just" benzo injury itself. Hopefully with more time off, as the average healing time is 6-18 months, these symptoms will all fade. Hang in there and hopefully others chime in as well.

I'm sorry-it stinks majorly. I get the dysautonomia symptoms as well and was only on a benzo 5/6 weeks. It started exactly with my benzo use and still continues at 6 months off. I am praying it goes away eventually. As you can see, it's very hard to tease this whole mess apart. Your symptoms are extremely common in "just" benzo injury itself. Hopefully with more time off, as the average healing time is 6-18 months, these symptoms will all fade. Hang in there and hopefully others chime in as well.

It’s been over a year and I’m still in a terrible place. I shouldn’t be this bad this far out

It’s been over a year and I’m still in a terrible place. I shouldn’t be this bad this far out

Hello,

Until 14 months, I did not see an improvement. Hold on, you are walking towards improvement.

Over time, everything stabilizes.

I hope you see a speedy improvement.

• Like 1

Hello,

Until 14 months, I did not see an improvement. Hold on, you are walking towards improvement.

Can you explain a bit more about your improvement? Did you have similar symptoms?

Hello,

Can you explain a bit more about your improvement? Did you have similar symptoms?

It was at 14 months that I felt improvements in several major symptoms and began to have windows where I felt good compared to the previous months.

I was afraid of everything, strong anxiety, agoraphobia, etc. Loud sounds caused me pain, fast movements of people too, it was like I couldn't process things. Sometimes I felt like I was plugged into electricity.