Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo

[ab...]

Hi,

I successfully tapered off in January,2011.  Many of my awful symptoms have faded -but some remain.  I'm dizzy without any other anxiety symptoms (sweating, heart pounding).  Anyone else experienced this?

thanks

[b6...]

abbywal,

Welcoming you to BenzoBuddies,

Congrats on being Benzo-Free.

I pulled my back last week and took some Flexeril.  This seemed to aggravate my symptoms a day after taking it...  I didn't ruin my progress with my gaba receptors repairing did I?

No, I wouldn't think so.

You are healing.

You will find plenty of support here.

Sigma.

Welcome, and congratulations on getting off benzos.

I never experienced the dizziness, but many members do. If you post your question on the withdrawal support board (because although you're off you're still having w/d symptoms), you might hear from more people who relate to your symptoms.

Dizziness and balance problems have been my worst symptom since February.  Not much relief yet but I'm hoping soon.  Good luck with yours.

Hi abbywal,

I have been dependent on xanax 0.5 3 x a day for over eight years.  Congratulations on being benzo free.

I have tapered to .125 a day and hopefully will go to .0625 in the next few days.

It is good to know someone jumped from xanax.

Gail  "This too shall pass"

Hi Abbywal...

i was on K. for 2 months including taper...  I am 6 weeks tomorrow off and I am still dealing with some dizziness..

I describe like this..  I feel this tightness around my head, could be around the eyes... it moves.

Then I feel , a little drunk almost, and unsteady / dizzy... It sucks, but you are healing and so am I...

We are in this together. I cannot wait to hear about your complete healing!!!