Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Covid setback

[ty...]

My last benzo was May 10/2022……I was feeling better towards the end of the year. Sleep was coming back, tinnitus was fading, jerks were gone, GI issues seemed to be getting better…..then I got Covid in December……every symptom I ever had came back worse then in the beginning, plus new symptoms…..some of the new symptoms have faded but the rest hasn’t gone back to baseline…..anyone have experience with a setback from getting sick? I was optimistic I was turning a corner and then boom! Covid destroyed me.

I’m right there too. I was doing great and got covid a few weeks ago and now I’m miserable. I’m 3 1/2 years out now. My heart rate is out of control. Acute symptoms are back. I hate this.

Hmmmm. My mom claims that she reinstated her benzo after 4 years (almost) free after getting sick with covid in march this year and she wanted to take 1 pill just like she did every 4-5 months in most stressful moments, which didnt produce any problems, yet this time she barely remembers when this 1 pill of estazolam turned into 2 weeks "binge" of 2 x 0,5 mg or bigger doses (we dunno really, and yes these are small but my mom is very sensitive to all kind of drugs). Im now wondering if my mom just had withdrawal symptoms that showed up 4 years later and the "covid" was THE symptoms and she subconsciously took the thing that she knew/thought would allieviate them. Im just giving some food for thought that just showed up in my mind after reading this topic. I might be very wrong of course, im just sharing for now so I dont forget it and maybe someone will find it useful. Gonna think about such possibilty more. Feel free to show me im wrong so we don't waste time one entertaining such possibility, I dont want to intensify any anxiety due to overthinking. Peace.

My last benzo was May 10/2022……I was feeling better towards the end of the year. Sleep was coming back, tinnitus was fading, jerks were gone, GI issues seemed to be getting better…..then I got Covid in December……every symptom I ever had came back worse then in the beginning, plus new symptoms…..some of the new symptoms have faded but the rest hasn’t gone back to baseline…..anyone have experience with a setback from getting sick? I was optimistic I was turning a corner and then boom! Covid destroyed me.

Hi Tyson,

I identify with your message, I was also turning the corner, but then I had a Covid setback and everything fell apart.

Some things have improved very slowly, others have not.

Withdrawal is a path that I have traveled and I have helped myself with the testimony of people who have gone through it before me and although I thought it was the hardest thing that had happened to me, I had the experience and comfort of others in this forum.

I can't say the same about Covid, it's something new and I'm not familiar with it. I try to accept, use the same techniques as for withdrawal and pray that this gets better.

I read about post viral symptoms and it is assumed that over time the body tends to recover, but I don't know.