Important Survey - Please Participate ×

All over the place medicine wise! HELP!

[Bo...]

Hi Everyone. So I've been on valium for 16 years. I started tapering last year from 20mg of Valium a day.

April 27th of this year, I was down to 7.5mg of valium daily. It was too drastic a cut and I went back up to 10mg of valium a day on May 12th this year.

I left to France on May 26th and I was dumb and took all my valium with me. I was there for two weeks and I just started taking random daily doses (from 15mg a day to up to 35mg a day... seemed to hover mostly around 25mg). I regret taking the extra.

I got back home on June 8th of this year and went back to 10mg of Valium but on June 12th I just felt yucky and I boosted back up to 20mg of Valium as of June 13th.

I still feel off. I don't know what to do and how long I should maintain. I don't know what my new normal is now I feel like. I don't know how if I should just hold my dose at 20mg for 10 days and drop down to 15mg for 10 days and then get back down to 10mg after that?

I feel lost and need people's personal opinion kindly.

Thank you!

Casey

What are your current symptoms?

If you do jumps like that, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I would just hold and start your taper gradually once you feel you are totally stable.

DO NOT rush that.

You jerked your nervous system around going back up. I wouldn't poke the bear if I were you.

You're lucky the up dosing even worked after tapering that long and getting to that low of a dose.

Thank you!! I spoke with my psychiatrist and she’s going to put me at 25mg and slowly work my way back down without any rush. I’ve learnt a difficult lesson… don’t bring extra medicine on trips because temptation can get the best of you. Like the site says… it’s never a good idea to have extra pills… and now I understand why. I hope others learn from my mistake. I’m grateful for this community!