Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Working?

[Go...]

I dont understand how people post on BB and talk about how severe their W/D was, and in the next sentence talk about continuing to work a job? I can't function, let alone try to get to work everyday.  The fear is constant, non-stop, and about everything.

If it makes you feel any better, I've been mentally tortured since I was 15 because of these drugs, and I've never worked in my life. I tried to continue school with everything I got for 4 years, and it resulted in a complete shutdown of my whole body. I was completely gone.

The good news is however that after a 22 year long fight I've been slowly starting up my company as a distraction, the last three years. When this shit is all over, I will be starting it up for real.

There is always hope :). Just never give up, and stay away from psychiatric drugs. They don't belong in the brain and you need to heal in a natural way.

I see you CT'ed from an insane dose. It's only natural that you feel the way you do. I think the people who work tapered slowly and weren't as long on the drug as we were. I think it matters too what kind of reason you took it for. For instance, I had a breakdown. When you have a breakdown, you can't work. Psychiatric drugs makes things a 1000x worse and prevents healing. And then you surely can't work. People who take it for less severe reasons, I think they have a better chance at still going to work. Just a theory.

Thanks.  I’m at 4 1/2 months and want to give up.  I’m remembering anxiety and fear before I was on Klonopin.  I feel I’ll never be away from it and as bad as life has become, don’t know what I could do?

I actually stopped working for cortisone withdrawal that was unrecognized but I felt I had some kind of mental breakdown although I was able to do my work I needed a break, but at the start of it I ended on this crap so now I'm not at all able to go back or do anything.

Thanks.  I’m at 4 1/2 months and want to give up!! I’m remembering anxiety and fear before the 21 years I was on Klonopin.  I feel I’ll never be away from it and as bad as life has become, don’t know what I could accomplish or do??

You CT'ed from 21 years of 7 mg Clonazepam. That's something I could never do, it's something that few people can do. You are incredibly strong.

That's not anxiety from you, that's anxiety from drugs. You will return stronger than you ever were. When this is over, you have survived the most difficult thing you can ever do and you can accomplish anything.

I feel the same. Even looking at my laptop makes me anxious and I fear that I will trigger a wave.

I was prescribed benzos because of the work/thesis anxiety. I wish I started with therapy instead. I am 77 days off benzos and my anxiety is sky high and waaaay above the baseline.