Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need support - i fear triggering a wave

[Tr...]

The world will not pause, waiting for me to get better.

I was prescribed benzos coz I would freeze up/avoid/procrastinate on my thesis work.

Now I really have to finish my graduate studies or else I get kicked out and be in debt because of the scholarship grant. But I fear that I will trigger a wave if I push it. My stomach churns, my heart pound and I feel the internal shakes when I think of it or get close to my laptop.

My last wave lasted 12 days of what seemed like 24 hours straight panic attack. I did not know that was even possible. I'm in a window but I fear the next one, I fear triggering the next one. Just so messed up.

[a4...]

Hi TrustinHealing

Obviously this is a very difficult situation… but, when it comes down to it, you really should always be putting your health first. If you trigger another wave, you probably won’t get your study done anyway, but you will have to deal with the wave.

I really am sorry you’ve found yourself in this stressful situation.

[a4...]

I think if I were in your situation, TIH, I would just approach it in short spurts, making sure I remained as conscious as possible, and if I noticed even the smallest amount of stress increasing, I would immediately walk away, take a break, and allow myself to reset…

I think that’s about all you can really do.

I wish I had a better answer.

I think if I were in your situation, TIH, I would just approach it in short spurts, making sure I remained as conscious as possible, and if I noticed even the smallest amount of stress increasing, I would immediately walk away, take a break, and allow myself to reset…

I think that’s about all you can really do.

I wish I had a better answer.

Thank you so much for your advice. The advice seems obvious but I am not in a good headspace. I really am grateful you took the time to reply.  It's a very lonely, scary war we are fighting.

May we all be healed completely, fully, permanently. 🙏