Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Unbelievable Itching and burning

[...]

I am having the most incredible issue with itchy and burning sensation around only my right elbow. It literally has me in tears.There is no rash or redness The only thing that seems to help is a cold pack. It's relentless. I have had this problem since I've jumped 2 months ago but getting more intense. Seems to be worse at night. I have tried Aveeno creams, lidocaine spray and benadryl creams. Does anybody else have intense itching and burning as well? If so what are you using to help reduce the pain? 

I am having the most incredible issue with itchy and burning sensation around only my right elbow. It literally has me in tears.There is no rash or redness The only thing that seems to help is a cold pack. It's relentless. I have had this problem since I've jumped 2 months ago but getting more intense. Seems to be worse at night. I have tried Aveeno creams, lidocaine spray and benadryl creams. Does anybody else have intense itching and burning as well? If so what are you using to help reduce the pain?

Try organic oatmeal with coconut oil in a bath and soak with it in lukewarm water. Blend the oatmeal in a blender. My whole body burned for a long time, still does sometimes, and this helped me. I am glad it is an elbow and a small area to treat. You can even take a bowl and put the oatmeal/coconut oil in it, then soak it. Or maybe take a cloth and soak in the oatmeal/oil then apply it.

Thanks Rebecca29....I will give the oatmeal/coconut oil treatment a try. I have also found that products with pramoxine such as Aveeno anti-itch can give temporary relief. Will let you know how it goes  :)

Sorry to hear that Winters sun.....I have itching all over as well but on the elbow for some reason is the only place it is excruciating. Did you try the oatmeal/coconut oil that treatment Rebecca29 mentioned?

[e1...]

No, I just became so used to it over such a long period of time that I learned to just put up with it.

I just think other symptoms proved to be more of a concern, though it is uncomfortable.

I itch and burn nearly constantly and have rash and hives to go go along with it. Pretty sure it’s an extreme version of a stress rash. Many people get hives or warm skin when stressed or anxious and with our nervous system in such a heightened state I believe it’s just a very exaggerated version of that. The only thing they helps me is deep breathing and very cold ice packs around the back of my neck. Combined those usually put a stop to the itching and burning in 5-10 minutes, just for it to happen again an hour later. But it’ll stabilize. I’m sorry you’re suffering with it also but know it is VERY common and nothing to be afraid of.