Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Does Benzo Belly Go Away???

[be...]

I was just wondering if anyone had any time frame on how long it takes for the dreaded benzo belly to go away.  I am five months out, took my last dose of Klonopin 5 months ago.  I have had the benzo belly, causing my stomach to look very big, especially when I relax. Just looks pregnant in shape but is not hard like some folks describe.  I have tried some mild exercising as well as a change in diet but every part of me looks skinny EXCEPT for my stomach.  Are there supplements that can help this?  Does it eventually go away ??  Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.  Very thankful for all of the helpful posts and people on this site.

It still lasted after 4-5 months for me, but it wasn't that severe as before I think it won't last for another 5 months.

I don't know about you, but I felt bloated after having a meal. I drink sodas and take long walks after meals, and always before I go to bed.

I think the benzo belly lasted 1-1.5 years for me…

Haven’t had it in over a year… I am 2.5 years out…

Karla

My benzo belly was gone at 1.5-2 years off. No exercise or change of diet has helped me at that time. So don't stress about it, it will eventually go away.

Thanks to everyone for the responses.  I really appreciate it, it's very difficult not knowing a time frame when things will pass, appreciated very much.