Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How to get past regret of self poisoning with benzo and other psy drugs?

[Du...]

How do we get past that? All these Gould be avoided if no psy drugs are taken..now lost healthy brain, income

Each time I go there I just say STOP. We all did the best we could with the information we had at the time. For me, I was also rendered pretty vulnerable once I was on the meds.

However we made the decision to change our lives, to take control and have a better future. And we didn’t wait 5 more years to do so!

I also know when I hit recovery? I am never looking back. Never! We’re all going to be way too busy LIVING! Dancing! Laughing! You just have to believe it!!!!!

[db...]

Dealing with regretful emotions is very difficult, but I think we also need to remind ourselves that ALL emotions, including regret, are intensely magnified through this process. Even our anger and frustration towards those who may have helped put us in this position and still don’t see the error of their ways, are intensely magnified at this time. On the other side of this, as Gabba receptors up-regulate and the CNS calms, the over-magnified emotions we were experiencing through this will also calm.

To an extent, all of the intense emotions of regret, anger, and frustration could actually be looked at as symptoms confined to this withdrawal and recovery process, after which, a process of demagnification will occur and all of those intense thoughts and emotions will lose their attraction… all emotions will be so much more manageable.

I don't feel as much emotions. Just the knowing now I had been lied to and it was what I didn't want to take and continuing to have to take it is intense. Sometimes I get really stubborn that I almost don't take it. I know that's worse but it's tough.