Important Survey - Please Participate ×

No more K so switching it up with what I have

[Ar...]

Hi and thanks for any input or advice!

Was about to start a tapering plan. I am on 1.5 X and .5 K. The plan was to slowly lower the X; sounded fine to me.

So here's the thing. There is no K available (except one that doesn't work for me) I called 11 pharmacies. Doc wouldn't switch K to V as I suggested. So, I have one .5 left. Cannot get more.

Called a 3rd doc and he called in triazolam which having just looked it up is even shorter acting than X. *rollseyes*

Don't think I'll bother picking that up.

I do have extra X.

Do you think taking 2 mg of X will hold off some of the withdrawl sx? I know it's short acting. I have an appt with a neurologist in 3 weeks. Any thoughts on whether this might work?

Anything I'm not thinking of that might be helpful?

You may as well give it a shot, it looks like it’s your only option until you see the new doctor.  I’m worried you’ll run out of Xanax.

You may as well give it a shot, it looks like it’s your only option until you see the new doctor.  I’m worried you’ll run out of Xanax.

👍

I counted, lol. I knew I had enough but made sure. 😉

And spoke to the neurologist's office and I'm 1st on their cancellation list. I'm feeling like that'll come through fairly soon.

Thanks Pamster!

Have you seen this doctor before, do you feel confident you can get more medication?  I’m still nervous.  :-\

Have you seen this doctor before, do you feel confident you can get more medication?  I’m still nervous.  :-\

I haven't. Honestly, there are no other options. His receptionist is lovely, though.

I have 2 months worth to carry me a while.

The last contact with my pcp office said. We'll give you 10mg of V and you cant take the X. My surprise and response was: that's a 75% decrease. Really?? this is the one that wanted me to taper X 2 days a week. I imagine I will be discharged any time now. 'Cause that's one heck of a flip.

Since coming here I have recalled all the times I was on benzos and just stopped when I was finished. Maybe I naturally tapered??? There were a bunch of meds and all but that first run of X were CT. I understand it's farther down the path and maybe older me might react differently.

It'll all work out; whether a practitioner works with me or not. It is of utmost importance for me to stay positive and confident that what I need will be provided. Either by my intuition or a partnership  with a practioner miraculously appears.

Last year. I was in my kitchen and thought, "I wish my kitchen table was counter height". 2 days later someone in my building put out the high table and chairs, I wanted. 😊 It was so cool!

So, going to manifest the best possible scenario.

I love your confidence, you just made me feel better when its my job to do that for you.  :laugh:

Your former practitioner is very uniformed about this process but I’m grateful you are so good riddance.

Your story about the table reminded me of a Seinfeld episode, things always have a way of working out for Jerry and they will for you too.  :smitten:

I love your confidence, you just made me feel better when its my job to do that for you.  :laugh:

Your former practitioner is very uniformed about this process but I’m grateful you are so good riddance.

Your story about the table reminded me of a Seinfeld episode, things always have a way of working out for Jerry and they will for you too.  :smitten:

Thank you! <3

If we all feel better it's a win! ;)

I'm laughing about Seinfeld. Where I'm living we have a bunch of crazy episodes going on. Someone should write a story about it.

My only concern is there are no doctors around worth seeing. My pcp is the grandson and son of my chiropractors from years ago. I really like him but he cannot help with this. Usually he hears and understands me. This scenario of moving prescriptions and med availability are putting him in a precarious position. As a pcp he is/was doing me a favor writing my meds until I could find someone to do that part. I'd been looking for nearly 2 years and nada. I do understand and appreciate the situation; this is a very restrictive state and many docs have lost licenses, closed practices or retired.

I just wish he'd given me something to get me through until I see the neuro guy.

It's ok, I have the X and valerian root, skullcap, chamomile...

Your pcp sounds like a good guy, I’m glad he’s been trying to help you but my goodness, it sounds like you’re living in a medical desert.  Two years trying to find a new doctor is unacceptable and I’ve read it’s getting worse.

So, I stopped the K a week ago. I upped the X by the same dose. Really, really interesting! As soon as I stopped the K all the crazy neuro sx I had went away. Muscle spasms, twitching, intracranial pressure, feeling antsy, tremors, etc... all gone. Holy Moly, it was the K all along. I've been fighting with that med for years. Hmmm...

Yay, I never have to take it again!  ;D

I have slept every night, since, with no weirdo sx. I'm sleeping about 7 hours... mostly 1.5 hours, 2 hours and 3+ hours... in that order that last longer cycle is the restful one.

I feel normal. :) (well, normal for me, lol) I don't know if I'll get to be able to sleep straight through but this is better quality than I've had for years.

*does happy dance*

(I might be eating a micro dose edible before bed.) ;)

Oh my word, these drugs are crazy! So happy for you it's working out okay!

Thank you, jelly baby!

They are completely crazy.  :idiot:

For 5 or 6 years since last X taper. I kept being told to lower the X more. It didn't work.. just more discomfort and lack of sleep. Wow, it appears all the crap was bad K reactions. It's mind blowing.

Docs kept saying come off the X and I kept saying I don't like K. X works as a muscle relaxer for me; K didn't ever. Good riddance.

I feel relief and considerably more hopeful about moving forward.  :)