Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Severe symptoms again, will this go away

[Ju...]

I am 9 weeks off now of klonopin after a fairly slow taper.  Week 1 was terrible, so frighteningly terrible.  Week 3 calmed down a bit.  Now it's been 9 weeks.  Had a tolerable day yesterday but today is so bad I am thinking of reinstating.

Can't be like this any more.  Severe head pressure, blurred vision, eyes hurt,muscles in shoulder and back painfully tight, band of pressure around head and face.  So non functioning.  Happened a few days ago also but had some relief by evening.  Happens every morning. Now also have trembling.  Am I normal.  This at 9 weeks?

Ugh yeah...definitely don't reinstate unless your life depends on it. These are all VERY normal symptoms and you have to hold on. Average healing time is 6-18 months. I have these symptoms at 5.5 months out. They will ease some but you have to hold on. I reinstated the first time it happened to me and MAJORLY regret it. Did nothing but waste time.

I can't take it anymore.  Really want to reinstate low dose.  Have never had this kind of anxiety and pain.

Has been all thru my taper and now this.  But not as bad during taper. I'm 68, live alone, used to run/walk, go to gym.

It's all over. 

You have a decision to make. Be as patient as possible and wait out healing. Reinstate and see how it goes. Usually once the benzo injury has taken place the reinstatement will only cover some symptoms if any. You then are in a waiting game usually of how long until the dose does nothing for you again. Then it's hell times 2 alllll over again.