Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Valium User

[Sk...]

Hey 👋🏽

I've signed up to this group because I've been addicted to Valium for the past year, I initially started taking it due to severe insomnia & PTSD it worked well for me. I'm based in the UK, where GPs don't give them out, so I sourced them online.

I've been trying to self taper for the past 3 months, taking up to 10mg a day.

I found out yesterday that my online prescriber isn't willing to prescribe me more for another week as exceeded dosage.

I'm super worried now about CT.

Hello Skyisblue :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad you joined our community.  Don't let yourself go cold turkey, not recommended with these drugs, symptoms can be severe.  Can you find a doctor who will prescribe enough for a taper.  You really are best to slowly taper off these drugs, It’s generally advised to stabilise at a set daily dose you feel comfortable with and then taper from there. It’s suggested reducing between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days, many find this too fast, you should slow it down to whatever feels comfortable to you. The aim is to keep symptoms manageable. Please post your questions to any of the dedicated board, our members are Knowledgeable and very supportive. 

The Ashton Manual, is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links to check out:

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (TaperPlans)

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

You might also like to post here

Valium Support Group

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) to help members give you relevant advice.  Please go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita