Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Looking for support

[Bi...]

I took paroxetine and bromazepam for 4 years.  I stopped paroxetine over a period of 4 months.  I am now trying to quit the benzodiazepine.

Hello there BillDz  :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

We're glad you joined us for support.  Well done on your paroxetine taper, you are making a great decision tapering your benzo, you will get plenty of support here.  Most of our members are happy to share their experiences with benzo withdrawal and recovery.  Although symptoms can be severe at times, please know that they are temporary.  Please browse the forum do some research and post to any of the dedicated boards.

The general recommendation for tapering is 5-10%, every 10 to 14 days.  Some folk are able to taper at this rate but many must go slower to help keep their withdrawal symptoms manageable. 

The Ashton Manual, gives you a better understanding on why you feel the way you do.  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body. Its great learning that symptoms are indeed temporary.  The manual  also includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some links to get you started.

The Ashton Manual

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper).

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

• Like 1

I took paroxetine and bromazepam for 4 years.  I stopped paroxetine over a period of 4 months.  I am now trying to quit the benzodiazepine.

Hi BillDz, welcome to BB.  I still consider myself new, been here since Mar. 25.  I am so glad I found the forum as I have learned so much about my drug, clonazepam, I'll refer to it as C, too hard to type it all out, lol :)  I'm just starting what they call a DMT or Daily Micro-taper as I found info attesting to fewer withdrawals which is my main goal.  I takes longer of course but I don't like the alternatives I've read about.

There's a few links I'll put below that have been helpful for me and maybe you'll find them helpful too. Very glad you are here as I struggled bad before I learned about the benzos and had taken it blindly for 35 years @ 1 mg.  Still hard to type that but I just didn't know anything about it, and never really asked or sought out information on it.  I also like the Support Groups area, and Success Stories, just lots to read if/when you are up to it, Denise:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232042.msg2977793#msg2977793

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275221.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=165.0

• Like 1