Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How Long to Stabilise from 0.5 to 0.25 Klonopin?

Ouch. The anxiety was awful yesterday: tremors, headshakes, feeling as though a panic attack was imminent, all of this in  public. I am four days into a cut, from 0.5 to 0.25 mgs. Klonopin/day.

I figured that there might be a bit of that on day four--the half-life of Klon, it hanging around in the bloodstream and inserting itself into the cut for a little while. But the rebound anxiety is starting to assert itself, causing me to think about going back to 0.5 (hard to get there, too) until this homeless-shelter situation is over. Hard to say when that might be.

I long for the days of asylum. A cool, dark place, no significant human interaction, save for the kindly nurse dispensing my nightly dose, some holistic options to explore. When I was first prescribed 4--two doped-up days, then down to 2--mgs. of K, I was just a kid, and a (removed profanity) one at that, doing all kinds of other drugs and drinking. flash forward twenty-so years, and here I am. I did not know much better until I began to study nursing, and informally, brain science. Been awhile since I *was* a nurse--got into the benzos; what I was on wasn't holding me; lost license--and even though I'm on far less benzos than I was, some executive memory seems to be returning. Dunno. Brain fog bad anyway. But I can't take my head shaking in public, and the judgements that go with it.

thanks,

jd

Edit: Removed profanity.