Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Hi

[An...]

I first started taking Clonazepam for anxiety attacks in 2004 1mg per night. I started mixing them with wine a few years later. I went to rehab where i went cold turkey on both the Clonazepam and wine which is a very rough detox. Sadly I relapsed and started drinking again and this time was prescribed Clonazepam. I am taking between 2-3 mg a day and it is helping with the alcohol but after researching Clonazepam, I am worried about how I will wean myself from the Clonazepam without dire effects.

Welcome!

I think you can find your way off clonazepam using the resources on this website.

Personally, I have found 12-step meetings very helpful in giving me the courage, strength and hope to get off this stuff and pull my life back together, plus the support of people on this forum who really understand what's involved.

May the Force be with you!

Any , need more info.  how long have you been taking the 2 to 3 mg. of clono.  This is a dose you definitely do not want to try and CT, since the possibility of seizures exits. 

you will need to start a slow taper of the clono, and we highly recommend ditching the alcohol.

Cut back .125 mg, per 10 days till you get down around 1mg. then I would recommend slowing down to aboutd 10% per week from there.

slow is your best bet for success.

st

[b1...]

Welcome, we're about at the same point with Clonazepam. I wish you well, although i'm new here myself and can't offer much in the way of suggestions.

yram, what kind of 12-step meetings are you talking about?

Hi Anyarhino

There are a few options for you to wean off and we can help support you along the way. Softtail is right, you'll need to stop the alcohol, then tackle the clonazepam as it's best to do one thing at a time so your body has time to adjust.

I'm glad you found us, we're here for you.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies  :)

Thank you for your replies, I have been taking 2-3 mg a day for about two weeks. I was actually told that Klon would prevent seizures. I feel that in trying to end one addiction I added a new one that is just as scary as the alcohol addiction. I am also dealing with the loss of a 14 year relationship and a job of 20 years so I am really depressed. I also take Lexapro but with alcohol and now the klon I am very depressed. But once again thanks