Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Should I lie to my doctor if I want taper?

[Mo...]

I was wondering if I should lie to them to continue receiving meds so I can slow taper. After I got a small taste of what tinnitus was like yesterday morning (lasted 10 to 15 seconds) I am now desperate to taper. I am willing to do absolutely anything not to have tinnitus. What should be my next step? I see my psychiatrist today in the morning so I would really appreciate if I can get any insight on this

I was wondering if I should lie to them to continue receiving meds so I can slow taper. After I got a small taste of what tinnitus was like yesterday morning (lasted 10 to 15 seconds) I am now desperate to taper. I am willing to do absolutely anything not to have tinnitus. What should be my next step? I see my psychiatrist today in the morning so I would really appreciate if I can get any insight on this

Yes never tell your Dr you want to taper they either try make you taper too fast or in some cases stop you CT I'm just getting my prescription and tapering at my own rate, and stashing the spare ones and bits and pieces of cut ones just in case  .

Nova  :smitten:

Yes never tell your Dr you want to taper they either try make you taper too fast or in some cases stop you CT I'm just getting my prescription and tapering at my own rate, and stashing the spare ones and bits and pieces of cut ones just in case  .

Nova  :smitten:

ty for the reply how would I go about asking them to switching me to valium?

Educate them about the Ashton Manuel. BTW, Valium did.not.work for me and doesn’t for everyone. If what you are presently taking stills provides you with a quality of life, just taper that. And, IMO, don’t tell dr. if they’re not onboard with tapering. The last thing you want is to be forced C/T.

Many in this process are Gaslit by their prescribers so have to go this route in order to taper properly. Take care of yourself and do what you have to do!!

Educate them about the Ashton Manuel. BTW, Valium did.not.work for me and doesn’t for everyone. If what you are presently taking stills provides you with a quality of life, just taper that. And, IMO, don’t tell dr. if they’re not onboard with tapering. The last thing you want is to be forced C/T.

Many in this process are Gaslit by their prescribers so have to go this route in order to taper properly. Take care of yourself and do what you have to do!!

thank you for the reply I was given Klonopin 1 mg twice daily, haven't took any thinking CT was my only option. After what happen yesterday I'm willing to do anything to not have tinnitus. how do I taper? Do I start at 2 mg? And work down or just take 1mg daily instead. I have a jewel scale already just in case this happened.