Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Thinking of cutting today to .25

[Th...]

I think I am going to try to cut to .25 today as have taken .375 for approximately two - three weeks.

I am cutting xanax 0.5 to hopefully 1/2 pill today.

Any suggestions?

Gail    "This too shall pass"

HI Thunder,

I'm trying to understand the amount your taking is it .375 and you want to go down to .25? What is your total dose for the day?

I see that you have .5mg pills, can you get .25mg pills, because it is easier to make smaller cuts?

Have you thought about titrating it will make it easier if you can't get .25mg pills.

With .5mg pills you really cant cut an accurate amount lower than ,125, I tried when i was tapering and found it was easier to get .25mg pills and 1/4 it so i would have 4 doses of .625

I would make a cut if you have held for 3 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you the Best,

Dream

Hi Thunder,

Your thread has been moved since we allow only one thread per member in Buddie Blogs, plus you'll  receive better feedback here in General Taper Plans. ;)

Since you have been at .375 for a few weeks, stepping down to .25 seems reasonable.  You can always try titration if it feels like it was too much for you.

Hi Dreamsleep,

I am taking 1/2 of a 0.5 xanax starting yesterday.  I think that is .25 milligrams?  I can't get a prescription for .25 as my doctor (apn) is out on leave for awhile and I called a couple times to inquire when she will return and they didn't know.  I'm not really happy with this place.

I am thinking of titrating when I get to lower than .125 in hopefully a few weeks.  That will be 1/4 of a pill.

I guess I will have to titrate as that will be difficult to cut into pieces.  My goal is September and maybe I will get there faster?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Gail  "This too shall pass"

Hi Dreamsleep,

I am taking 1/2 of a 0.5 xanax starting yesterday.  I think that is .25 milligrams?  I can't get a prescription for .25 as my doctor (apn) is out on leave for awhile and I called a couple times to inquire when she will return and they didn't know.  I'm not really happy with this place.

I am thinking of titrating when I get to lower than .125 in hopefully a few weeks.  That will be 1/4 of a pill.

I guess I will have to titrate as that will be difficult to cut into pieces.  My goal is September and maybe I will get there faster?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Hello Thunder,

I just wanted to tell you about the math, I explained it to my husband this way. I told him to think of each .5 tab as a 50 cent piece and to think of the .25 as a quarter cent. I joked around that I use to take a dollar fifty everyday, recently i was taking .12 cents before I jumped to 0

If you need help titrating start a thread, plenty of people will give advice. You can also view a video to see how it's done.

Your doing great, best wishes

Dream

Hi Dream,

Thanks for the suggestion to equate milligrams to money.  That makes it easier.  I started with .25 or a quarter :) in money - or 1/2 of a 0.5 pill or .25 xanax.  I am doing okay although it is 6:05 A.M. here and haven't gotten around to anything as of now however will keep very busy today.

How are you doing as you jumped recently?

Hi Gail,

I'm doing alright, I've been having some nights of little sleep. Last night I did get 5 hrs which I really need. Other than my sleep issue the only thing bothering me is my mind wanders too much. I need to get busy and distract myself, been feeling a bit unmotivated to do much outside though, the temp is 97- 100 here in Fl. It feels harder to breath when it's that temp.

I'm still taking another Benzo that is a sleeping pill, soon I will be tapering that. I'm a bit nervous about the taper because I've read most people switch to Valium rather than titrate Temazepam. I've been reading a lot about it lately, it has my nerves worked up a bit, just wish it would be as easy as my Xanax taper. I'm  trying not gonna think about all the stuff that I've heard and just stick with the success stories. I hope to find a few more here before I start my next phase.

Your making great progress, it's not easy but it can be done. I did read some of your earlier postings i see you spend much of your time keeping busy in the community, I think that is wonderful. I've been thinkin of volunteering at the local thrift shop. I really need to get out and socialize. Do you have any suggestions?

I gotta run for now talk soon.

Best,

Dream

Hi Dream,

That is too hot for me!  I wouldn't go outside and work on flowers either if I lived there.

If you did well with the xanax, I guess you will do okay with temazepam?  I am not familiar with that and I don't want to give anyone incorrect information as I am not that knowledgeable.  That is why I am in BenzoBuddies....for information that I know is correct.

You had an easy time with xanax?

I volunteer at the thrift shop as if you go, okay....and if you don't, okay....and I don't feel obligated.  I am planting lots of flowers and I love the yard.  I have been doing that all morning and took a break now to have lunch.

I guess going to a flea market and/or yard sales as you can walk around, talk to people and not spend any money. :)  I go to the movies sometimes with friends.  This time of year I prefer to stay outside. 

Good luck tapering!

I have tapered to .25 and doing okay.  I am going to stay on this for approximately three weeks and cut to .125 milligrams from 1/2 0.5 xanax to 1/4 0.5 xanax. 

That is when I will start getting nervous about jumping.  I guess I will go to .6 milligrams after and that is a 1/4 of a pill and after a few weeks will try to jump if that is okay?  I am going to have a lot of pills to dispose of which is good.  (I probably will keep a few around although no intentions of taking those however if I don't have any, I think I would get nervous).  I have read other peoples' posts that they are doing that also.

Hi Gail,

How are you feeling since your last cut? For me the first four days of every cut were when I would feel the worst. The further down I got I started to feel better, it's different for everyone. I hope your tapering goes well.

It really does help to keep busy and I see your doing just that. Thanks for the suggestions they were all good ones.

Best wishes,

Dream

Hi Dream,

How are you doing since you jumped?  I hope you are doing okay.

I am doing okay and I will notice if I feel worse the first four days.

I keep very busy and today I bought more flowers to plant.  Now I have a LOT of flowers and no energy....lol....I don't have to plant all of the flowers in one day.

Keep well!