Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

awful morning body aches at 8 days off, but they're gone by evening??

I did a very, very slow valium taper, jumped off at less than .2 mg 8 days ago. For the last five days I've awakened with really bad aches in my neck, across my shoulders, in my upper arms, hips, and even elbows and knees, (but not as bad there). My hips hurt so much that I can't even bend down to pick up the dog's dish! By noon things are a bit better, and by six o'clock i'm pretty well back to normal.

Could this be just benzo withdrawal? Since I jumped off the only other symptom I have is fatigue, but that's been going on ever since I switched over to Valium (from Ambien and Xanax), and it's not as bad as it once was.

So if it's benzos causing all this, how long can I expect it to last?

Anyone else experinece body aches like this?

Well, I'm thankful that (so far) the awful headaches haven't returned.

Nov

Yes  its wd.  I have ached and hurt in so many places. My body ached the worst for about the first 2 1/2 months off.  Still does but its alot better.  Try baths, stretching.  Anything to make yourself comfortable.  Linder

I have noticed many BBs, myself included, have terrible mornings and much better evenings.  Seems to be pretty typical with w/d.