Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Can I cold turkey if I been on Klonopin for 2 months?

[Mo...]

Psychiatrist told me I can just stop taking them. I don't have any support that is listening to my taper worries not even my family. They're saying this not crack or heroin they don't understand the severity of this drug so I'm left without any options but this. what should I expect

I'm no expert but no to cold turkey, it could be hell for you and extremely dangerous. I went cold turkey after using just twice a week for a month and I've suffered bad.

Hoping someone replies soon with some guidance for you .

Blessings

Desperately looking for insight. I am completely lost, with knowing what to do. Only thing I'm doing now is praying.

Moppie- If you're experiencing withdrawal symptoms that doesn't necessarily mean you need to taper.  Because your experience with benzos is so recent, so limited and so short I agree with what Pamster told you in another thread - that your best course of action is to simply stop taking the benzos.  You may experience symptoms but they are temporary and you can get through them. 

We will help you get through this.

I would just stop, but we’re all different. I couldn’t grasp a 9 month, year taper knowing I could still go through w/d for a similar length of time.

But that’s just part of my personality-patience isn’t part of my DNA.

You could also c/t for a couple of weeks and reinstate if necessary….