Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Question inspired from

Hi all

Something I don't understand. When people  hit a brick wall and have  been holding at a particular dose for some time. Isn't one feeling bad because one doesn't  have enough Gaba at their receptor sites? Isn't one  holding the cut to give ones body a chance to repair their  gaba system so as to create more gaba? Isn't that generally why people hold a cut? How is it that reducing the gaba in your brain even further through making a new cut before you feel stabilized supposed to make you feel better? When I think of what it means when one says they feel stabilized  I interpret that to mean that their body has done some repair work and the receptors are now getting more gaba. Isn't this what stabilization means? If one is feeling bad because one is suffering from a developing tolerance withdrawal how is it that taking even less benzo and therefore getting even less gaba supposed to make one feel better?

Some people say it does but I am confused about why that would be the case.

Sincerely

John

Hi John!

I'm not quite understanding what your question is?  I do believe stablizing is allowing your body to play "catch up" so to speak, repairing and producing more GABA.  Tolerence gets tricky though and you may not feel better between cuts.  I, personally, felt better once completely off the drugs.

Jen

ive seen where people on here say that sometimes on a specific cut, you never get straightened out until you make your next cut. i believe basically he's asking why this is.

Hi all

Something I don't understand. When people  hit a brick wall and have  been holding at a particular dose for some time. Isn't one feeling bad because one doesn't  have enough Gaba at their receptor sites? Isn't one  holding the cut to give ones body a chance to repair their  gaba system so as to create more gaba? Isn't that generally why people hold a cut? How is it that reducing the gaba in your brain even further through making a new cut before you feel stabilized supposed to make you feel better? When I think of what it means when one says they feel stabilized  I interpret that to mean that their body has done some repair work and the receptors are now getting more gaba. Isn't this what stabilization means? If one is feeling bad because one is suffering from a developing tolerance withdrawal how is it that taking even less benzo and therefore getting even less gaba supposed to make one feel better?

Some people say it does but I am confused about why that would be the case.

Sincerely

John

I fully understand the question and fact is I do feel better as I reduce benzos. As such, the theory you have described, which is how I understand it also, must be modified to explain how this happens. Clearly the explanations we have been given are not sufficient to explain these seemingly "paradoxical" responses. Anyone have a better explanation? As you present it John, and as I have received it also, there is also the issue of why do we feel better when we stabilize at a dose even though we're supposed to be in tolerance withdrawal. I can't explain it, but I do know it works that way for me.

Tony