Important Survey - Please Participate ×

When Did You Success Stories Start to Feel Better?

[Bi...]

Hi - I had hoped to be writing today (two months off) but it's not time yet.  Just wondering when you turned the corner?  Best, Billwill

Hey Billwill,

My name is Deanna and I just hit my 6 month mark of being benzo free from a 3 year period of taking 2 mg. of klonipin.  I actually just started feeling like a human being in the last two weeks.  Hang in there it gets much better with time :thumbsup:

Edit:  Removed personal information.

Hi Billwill,  I have been off the lorazepam since 12-1-10, about 6 1/2 months.  Just in the last 2 months, gradually, I've been feeling more "human" again.  Able to sleep normally most nights (at least 6 hours anyway), spending most of the days not too depressed.  It's a nasty business, takes longer than you think, and slower than it should be.  I don't quite consider myself a success story yet.  My worst ongoing symptom is my vision, at various times of the day I am unable to read normal sized print, newsprint looks like a gray blur, then later in the day or the next day looks normal.  This whole process sucks, but just stick with it, try to be optimistic, and things will gradually improve and (Hopefully) get back to pre-benzo Normal again.  Good luck!