Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Benzo Rage

Does anybody know when the anger goes away? I'm so tired of having angry thoughts and saying angry words.

Frannie

For me it let up at month 4, came and bit me again only once since then.  I know, I absolutely felt possessed and hated that demon!  My husband has been an absolute saint putting up with those rampages! 

My rage seems to have peaked in the last few weeks, when I hit about the 4 mg. mark.  I could go off at the drop of a hat if I allowed myself.  I'm angrier than ever, particularly at my psychiatrist and how Klonopin destroyed my life.  I keep wondering how much is justifiable anger and how much is w/d.  We all have plenty reason to be angry.

Good to hear that it gets better though.

Mal

For me it let up at month 4, came and bit me again only once since then.  I know, I absolutely felt possessed and hated that demon!  My husband has been an absolute saint putting up with those rampages! 

Perservance, That is the word, I feel like Im possessed when it hits me. I'm trying hard not to let it get out of control. I feel sorry for my husband also. Florida Guy & Mal thank you for answering my post. I'm doing a slow taper and hope that it will go soon. I wish I could hide out somewhere until this is over.

You are all so great to help. Thank you very much!

Frannie 

I hate the rage. It seems to hang on to me like glue. I go for a bike ride feeling calm and somewhat OK and suddenly the ruminating starts out of nowhere...then the anger and by the time I make my way home...it is full blown rage. It is horrible. The worst part is that while my girlfriend tries to be understanding and helpful...it seems I don't comprehend her. Everything she tells me...even though it makes sense...feels all wrong to me. Then I feel overwhelmed and slowly the anger rises, and it shouldn't because all she wants is to help me. I am always fearful that I will lose this great person because of a rage I have no control over. Even though I explain it to her...I don't think she understands how completely lost I feel and that this rage is beyond my control. Anything I do...it is beyond my power. It is affecting everything right now. For some reason the worst of it...I can't seem to understand...is harboured towards my sister. I don't like her because she is a constant thorn in my side...but I always brushed it off. Now the moment I see her...I am completely overtaken by rage and hatred. I was never like this.

Travuz, I think that anything that bothered us slightly before comes back on us with a vengeance during this process. I try my hardest and try to distract myself to keep it down because other people don't deserve my benzo anger. Good Luck!

Frannie

Although it can come out of no where, the fact that everyday tasks are so frustrating due to impaired motor control, energy, and balance issues plus the fact that everything seems to irritate you while you are in this doesn't help matters.  While these things are definitely on the decline for me it still takes an incredible amount of inner strength to stay in control at times.

I know that life will seem very easy to life after this is over.  I don't think I will complain about things even a fraction as much as I used to.  Even now I accept things so much easier after enduring what I have up till this point.  I definitely have learned a lot of hard lessons from this, we all have.

For me it let up quite a bit around month 3-4.

Same here.

Hang in there, Frannie - you won't be this way forever. :)

Thank you for all your posts. Thank you Missy, sometimes it seems hard to believe that the way I feel now, will go away and I won't be exhausted and angry but it happens to others so it should happen for me. I still have a long way to go from 4mg and I'm holding my cut until after the July 1 long weekend.

Frannie