Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Missed Clonazapam dose

[Ci...]

Need some advice regarding a missed dose of clonazapam please. Currently tapering from .75 to current .20 in am and .20 in pm. Had food poisoning yesterday and was unable to keep my pm dose down last pm due to vomiting.was able to take am dose and keep it down. Not sure if I just ride it out and deal with any symptoms or try to make up the missed .20 dose today.

I'm sorry to hear about your food poisoning, who needs that when you're tapering?  It may be too late to answer your question but I'd just ride it out and get back to your regular dosing.

Thanks for your reply, that was my thought as well so as not to interfere with my taper. I will ride it out and if symptoms develop I will hold if need be…although it did make me think to ask my doctor for a Rx. For the orally disintegrating tablets in case this happens again!

So you're thinking that if you were sick again, you might be able to get your dose sublingually, it would act faster?  I'm not sure it would be a good idea to introduce a different formulation, you know how any change can cause issues.