Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Clonazepam Taper

[Fr...]

Started with 2mg daily for 3 weeks, tried to stop cold turkey and lasted only two days. The good news is now 1mg is enough to get me through each day. I am seeking a relatively fast but painless taper, including supplements I can use.

My original plan was to take 1mg daily for a week, 0.5mg for a week then cold turkey it. That was suggested as being as painful as cold turkeying from 1mg.

I already have shame about this, the dr said they were no addictive then dexamphetamine when prescribed. Ive never felt shit from missing my adhd meds. :(

Thank you for your help.

Hi Freedman, I wanted to apologize for missing the fact that you were only on the Klonopin for 3 weeks in your introductory thread.  Your plan for a rapid taper will most likely be very uncomfortable but its a good idea to at least try to be rid of the drug.  If however, your symptoms become too much for you then please consider slowing down.  Your body is already dependent so a little more time on the drug isn't going to matter.

Supplements can be tricky, our central nervous system is highly sensitive while we go through this so we don't always react to them like we normally would.  What helps one person seems to hurt the next but you can look at the Alternative  Therapies & Supplements board if you're still interested.