Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Meltdown at 14 weeks

Oh my gosh.....w/d symptoms back really bad today. I feel like I cant do anything right and I forget things all the time.  I keep thinking i am getting better and then a huge set back happens!  How long will this go on?  When will I notice a big change?  I keep hoping to wake up and not hear the twin engines ringing in my ears and not have my mouth on fire and not have the awful brain fog. I am getting discouraged even though I know in my heart that the symptoms will go away and I will be healed someday.

14 weeks by some, is considered early, on the road to recovery. At 14 weeks I was having waves, some came on like a tsunami. :tickedoff: and other ones were like a ripple in the water.

Everyone is different in this process, so, there isn't any clear timeline as to when the symptoms will end.

I know how discouraging it can be, but keep that thought in your heart, that you will fully heal someday. Because you will heal. :thumbsup:

Mike

Are you still on the pheno?  Do you think that could be playing a role?

I understand how discouraging it can be, but at least you have 14 weeks under your belt and that is something to be proud of. :)

Hopefully, this wave will pass for you quickly.

Hi Leighjay - I am right behind you at 8 weeks and today is starting out so bad.  I am in a daily cycle of waking up shaking, dizzy and anxious then surviving the morning at work (thank goodness I work for myself) and slowly starting to feel better in the afternoon.  By bedtime I am perfect.  The further I get from my last benzo the more intense the waves have become.  In fact, there have been days when I have thought that this nightmare is finally ending - these thoughts almost seem to trigger a horrendous next day.  My spirits are low this morning and I want this to end so badly.  But what am I to do?  There is no going back.  BB has been a lifesaver.  Keep posting - there is a strange comfort in shared misery.  Best, Billwill

[f2...]

Hi there :)

Tomorrow will be twelve weeks for me, and I'm in a similar situation.

Right around eight weeks I felt great! I thought I was healed.  All of a sudden I got slammed with new physical sxs.  Visual floaters, fatigue, nausea and loss of appetite and dizziness.  I was devastated! I thought it was over!  I've slowly been improving again over the last month - but am so scared this will get worse again before it gets better forever.  I think people have hard times around the 2 - 4 month mark so don't worry (I know it's hard)

Just know that you don't have to do this alone ok? We are all here!

I also felt real good around the 8 week mark and thought the worst was behind me and also got slammed about week 10.  I feel better some days and worse some days.  I try to tell myself that it will go away and keep the faith up.  I also have heard that the 2-4 months are the most difficult.  You just have to keep moving forward.  Each day is one step closer to the end goal!

...All of a sudden I got slammed with new physical sxs.  Visual floaters, fatigue, nausea and loss of appetite and dizziness.  I was devastated! I thought it was over!  I've slowly been improving again over the last month - but am so scared this will get worse again before it gets better forever.

My symptoms didn't peak until the very end of the second month.  Then they were stable (no new ones) during the 3rd Month, and really went on the decline at the 4th month.

Sometimes getting worse is a good sign, often dramatic improvements happen afterward.  That is how it went for me.  I felt like I was back at square one before my biggest improvement.

Hang on to hope as tight as you can, riding this part out is hard but doable.  I feel for you all as I have been where you are, it does improve!

Jealous of you all...3 weeks into my third month and has gotten nothing but worse...no windows whatsoever.  This is very discouraging to me, but I hope encouraging to you.

My symptoms didn't peak until the very end of the second month.  Sometimes getting worse is a good sign, often dramatic improvements happen afterward.

I sure hope this happens for me!!! Today is pretty bad - dizzy, nauseous, adrenaline rushes, tight chest and electrical feeling in arm.  Haven't had a convergence of s/x this intense.  Billwill

Thank you all for your replies. I guess this is my 3-4 month slam of w/d. I am now having burning sensations on my trunk and chest and I can feel my heart beat in addition to the other lingering sx.  These are sx I have not had before. I am hoping this is last storm before I start really feeling better. Everyone keep fighting. I'm fighting with all I have.

[a5...]
Are you guys having these effects 2-4 months after being entirely off the benzos?? Is this something i should expect?

My symptoms got worse at the end of second month. I also read that many people experienced very bad waves at that period.

Are you guys having these effects 2-4 months after being entirely off the benzos?? Is this something i should expect?

Yes, I was referring to the 2-4 month mark after being completely off benzos.

[a5...]

Yes, I was referring to the 2-4 month mark after being completely off benzos.

Oh jeez, does this happen to everyone?  :'(