Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I had two glasses of wine to ease symptoms, please say I've not undone my healin

[Bi...]

I had two glasses of wine last night to try ease some symptoms, it worked too.. please tell me I've not undone any previous healing?? I can't go through what I already have from the beginning. Help, I'm panicking😭😭😭

If you're feeling okay today you may not have to face any repercussions.  I've known some members able to have a glass of wine or a beer while tapering, its not all bad news for everyone.

Thank you for your reply Pamster

In the past three months I've probably had a drink or two, four times in total if I think back - I'd forgotten to be honest! It hasn't seemed to have affected me negatively. Luckily Ive had two at most which has done the trick in calming some symptoms.

I hate to say this, but I got strongly buzzed the other night for the first time in years and I felt none of my symptoms. It felt really good and I had no repercussions the following day. I know this is a horrible way of self-medicating but I really don't see the harm with doing it once or twice a month. We all deserve to have some respite from these horrible symptoms if possible and it's good to hear that you achieved some peace with yourself.

Tiredofbeingtired, thank you for your reply.

Its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place don't you think? I'm not much of a drinker but to get SOME relief is heaven really. I just don't want to become reliant on alcohol.

KNOWING it is there as a crutch in case things get so bad I feel I can't take it anymore helps. I guess it's the same as KNOWING this site is here too - something to lean on on the toughest of days.

Angie

I feel exactly the same way and I never thought I'd experience hope from drinking 2 beers too fast. Even though it's an unhealthy coping mechanism, I'll take it.