Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Boredom Frustration... anyone else get this?

During my tolerance w/d and now that I'm off, I've experienced this frustration that comes when I have nothing to do. I start to feel really guilty, like I know I should be doing something instead of sitting on my butt, but I can't make up my mind WHAT to do! Sometimes I think I'll just run to the store to keep me busy, but it doesn't take away the frustration, because that doesn't feel like the "right" thing to do.  :sick: It's hard to explain!

Does any of this sound familiar?

About two months ago, I spent many hours just sitting on the couch,  I was a (couch potato) I had no motivation to do anything, and if I did get any motivation, I couldn't decide what to do.

Enjoy your 'down time'. Eventually you will be so busy and motivated, you may wish that you (could just sit on your butt) for awhile!

Does any of this sound familiar?

Very.

I have neglected my business for a long time. I should be putting in 10 hour days at this point but I am lucky if I can get an hour's worth of work done here and there. I definitely feel guilty about not being able to do things, especially when I don't feel particularly bad but still lack motivation.

Even when I am feeling better, like today, it is still hard to motivate. They say that the same chemicals that give us pleasure are the ones that are responsible for motivation but in my experience they aren't directly connected. I actually felt HAPPY for a few hours today but I still didn't have much motivation to work. A window I had a couple of weeks ago my mood was good (not great) but I got a rush of energy and motivation that I haven't experienced in years. Go figure.

YES, YES, YES!!!!  I am (or was and will be again) a runner, golfer, tennis player, soccer player, skier, rafter, swimmer and a lot of other activities.  When I'm not working I'm active.  This sitting on my butt watching movies is driving me crazy.  My frustration is at a fever pitch.  You are not alone.  Billwill

I know what you mean Billwill!  I used to garden, do faux finish painting and stenciling, take on major do-it-yourself projects, rollerblade, do aerobics, walk flea markets and antique shops all day long, etc....I hated to sit around.  But the way I am looking at it is at least I can now watch many movies I wanted to see before when I was too busy to.  Trying to look on the bright side , right?

I know what you mean Billwill!  I used to garden, do faux finish painting and stenciling, take on major do-it-yourself projects, rollerblade, do aerobics, walk flea markets and antique shops all day long, etc....I hated to sit around.  But the way I am looking at it is at least I can now watch many movies I wanted to see before when I was too busy to.  Trying to look on the bright side , right?

That's a great way to look at it, I think I'll use that one ;)

That's a great way to look at it, I think I'll use that one ;)

I can totally relate to this.  Once I figured out that being productive (including "false" productivity) was not the answer, it gave me a chance to catch up on movies and books - something I never would have done otherwise. :)