Important Survey - Please Participate ×

My pet theory; CFS, Fibro and Candida

[Ca...]

My pet theory is actually two;

1- I believe CFS, Fibromyalgia and an overgrowth of Candida in the gut are pretty much the same thing. ( or are connected/closely related )

2- I believe most people who actually have CFS, Fibro or Candida get the wrong diagnosis.

I must say I have been plagued with CFS since 1996 ( better now but not cured )

From experience I believe that the long list of symptoms from CFS, Fibro and Candida can be misinterpreted for many things.

For example the fact we have good days and bad days makes doctors believe we are bipolar,

But we are not... it is simply that after a few bad days when we finally feel good enough to do normal things we want to do everything at once.

Yes we are down on bad days and yes we are very active on good days but we are not bipolar!

I also believe that some people gain weight and become obese because of CFS, Fibro or Candida.

Without going into all the details; these conditions cause us many digestive tract problems ( such as frequent diarhea ) and this means that nutrients are not well absorbed , this in turn means that we are constantly hungry because we are lacking certain nutrient no matter how much we eat.

Also when one has Candida over growth in their digestive tract they crave sugary food which in turn feeds the candida, which in turn gives more craving for sugar.

Some people who don't understand why they are always hungry and why it is so hard for them to lose weight may have CFS, Fibro or Candida and they do not know it !!!

The first thing  one should try is reducing drastically their input of sugary foods.

If after one week without sugar they feel better ( and their bloating is reduced which is one of the most common symptom ) then they probably have one of the 3 above conditions***

I could go on and on but I think I should stop here.

*** I'm not a health professional, this is just my opinion based on years of reading about health and based on my experience with CFS/Candida!

One more thing,

Some of you who have been on Benzos for years may have been healthy when you began taking benzos but have now a new condition such as CFS, Fibro or Candida overgrowth in the gut and that is why despite your withdrawal symptoms fading away you are still feeling crappy.

Your energy level may not be what it was before Benzos, or you may have now a lot of problems such as bloating, flatulence, cramps, diarhea, constipation, etc...

***Again, I'm not health professional, this is simply my opinion!

Interesting theory... I drink 1/2 tablespoon of cayenne pepper every morning. I feel sorry for any Candida that attempts to grow within my digestive tract.