Looking for advice on Klonopin

[tb...]

Hi everyone,

Joining this forum as I just started taking Klonopin .25mg twice a day on February 24th.  I've taken the full .5mg 3 times in the past 20 days, and taken .25mg 14 times.  Skipped dose 3 of the 20 days (including yesterday).  I am at the 3 week mark and would like to stop so to reduce withdrawals as much as possible.  I see my psychiatrist on April 3rd for a checkup.  Any advice if a CT or if I need a taper after just 3 weeks of use would be much appreciated.  Thanks so much in advance and I wish everyone peace and comfort in their recovery.

J

Hello  tbj8352 :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies.

We are glad you are here. You will get plenty of advice and support from members here.  If was me I would do a taper,  those on benzos for a month or so, we suggest reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days, you could taper quicker than this.  You will get some symptoms. the most common symptoms are anxiety and insomnia, but these symptoms are temporary and do go away with time. Please post to any of the dedicated threads, our members are very supportive.

I recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process.

Here a few links to resources:

The Ashton Manual 

Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

Planning Your Withdrawal

There is a support blog here dedicated to members who are tapering from klonopin, I will give you a link to it. I'm sure the members there will be happy to assist you with advice.

Klonopin Klub

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Thank you so much Magrita, looking into the links.  Read your story, you are one incredibly brave person. :)

J